A scheme to help WA experience and conduct major sporting events and sport development initiatives.
The Country Sport Enrichment Scheme provides support and assistance to take international, national and approved state sport league competitions and contests to regional Western Australia. It also has provision for international, national and state sporting personnel to visit regional Western Australia to promote sport development.
The Country Sport Enrichment Scheme aims:
- To utilise the attraction of influential elite sports people for development of sport in country towns.
- To conduct high profile sporting events in Western Australian country regions.
- To use regional venues to present the highest level of international, national and approved state sport league sporting activities.
- To create opportunities for country people to meet and to see high performance Australian and international sportspeople perform in competition in their region.
- To influence participation in sport by people in country towns outside of major regional urban areas through association with influential elite sport role models.
- To create opportunities for country people to meet influential elite sportspeople and be influenced by them to strive for higher personal goals through sport and physical activity participation.
- To provide capacity building opportunities for country sportspeople to receive training in skills and methods in sport performance.
Projects where travel to remote communities is approved by the Department funding may have funding approved at a higher level.
Eligible Items for funding are:
- Travel cost to Western Australia from interstate – actual economy fare.
- Travel cost in Western Australia:
- Actual economy travel fares; and/or
- Interstate and state travel costs.
- Reimbursement for use of a vehicle at the rate applied by the State sporting association and documented in policy of the association.
- Travel expenses for a representative of the applicant group to visit the regional location to complete preliminary arrangements (within reason).
- Accommodation – actual cost in shared rooms, maximum four star RAC rated accommodation.
- Elite sportspeople fee for service.
- Project costs – facility hire, venue hire, special preparation of venue sport surface, special sport equipment and medical costs at the sport venue.
- State sporting associations.
- National sport league clubs.
- A coordinating body that is a non-profit incorporated association.
- Major sport clubs as approved by the Minister for Sport and Recreation
- Local government.
Projects that achieve the following outcomes:
- Motivating participation in sport and physical activity and in particular by youth at risk, or people with a high-risk lifestyle health condition or people from a low participation in sport and physical activity population group.
- Increasing participation in sport and physical activity.
- Providing local people with sport skill development as participants, coaches or officials.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.
Applications must be submitted at least four months prior to event start date.