What is the COVID-19 Business Impact Support Program?
The COVID-19 Business Impact Support Program is a grant opportunity to help Tasmanian businesses experiencing a significant reduction in turnover due to the current COVID-19 environment.
The Tasmanian Government recognises that the current COVID-19 environment is impacting Tasmanian businesses. The Government is committed to supporting businesses as they adjust to changing conditions.
The COVID-19 Business Impact Support Program has been established to support Tasmanian businesses whose business operations have been impacted due to:
- critical staff being required to isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19
- being forced to close due to a Public Health Direction
- suffering a significant reduction in demand.
Businesses must have had a reduction in turnover due to COVID-19 of 30% or more between 15 March 2022 and 14 April 2022 inclusive, compared to the same period in 2021.
Funding amounts will be determined on the business’s annual turnover, defined as total sales (exclusive of GST), of goods and services to customers by the applicant for the period in the 2020–21 financial year.
Funding amounts and eligibility criteria will remain consistent with the previous funding round, with grant amounts of between $1000 and $10,000 available.
Additional payments of between $1,000 and $5,000 are also available to businesses that experienced an unavoidable loss of perishable goods because they had to close for seven days or more.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a business located in Tasmania
- have an active Australian business number (ABN) registered on or before 1 November 2021
- demonstrate a sales turnover of between $25,000 and $10 million in the 2020-21 financial year
- have experienced a 30% or more downturn in turnover due to COVID-19 impacts from 15 March 2022 to 14 April 2022, compared to the same period in the previous year
- have a COVID-19 Safety Plan, a completed COVID-19 Risk Assessment and where necessary, a COVID-19 Case and Outbreak Management Plan in place
- be registered (if required) and actively using the Check in TAS App.
Applications close 12 May 2022.