What is the COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant?
The COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant is a program which aims to support eligible businesses in the tourism and hospitality sectors that have been significantly impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
The Government of South Australia has established a COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant to support the tourism and hospitality sector in South Australia.
Businesses in eligible tourism and hospitality sectors that have already received the COVID‑19 Additional Business Support Grant will be automatically paid top-up grants of $3,000 for employing businesses and $1,000 for non-employing businesses. No additional application is necessary.
Businesses in the tourism and hospitality sector with a turnover of greater than $2 million and $5 million may also be eligible for a further grant of $7,000 and $17,000 respectively (taking the total value to $10,000 and $20,000). These businesses will need to apply separately and provide the required supporting evidence to receive the additional $7,000 or $17,000 payment.
The COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant available per eligible business is as follows:
- $1,000 for a non-employing business
- $3,000 for employing business with annual turnover up to and including $2 million
- $10,000 for employing businesses with annual turnover of greater than $2 million and up to $5 million (automatic payment of $3,000 plus an additional top-up grant of $7,000)
- $20,000 for employing businesses with annual turnover of greater than $5 million (automatic payment of $3,000 plus an additional top-up grants of $17,000)
Grants are provided to support eligible businesses that have been adversely impacted by restrictions enacted by State or Commonwealth Government due to COVID-19. This may include for example:
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries, rent;
- Seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning;
- Developing the business through marketing and communications activities; and / or
- Other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
To be eligible for COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Have received a COVID-19 Additional Business Support Grant (see Eligibility Guidelines);
- Have nominated as part of their COVID-19 Additional Business Support Grant application that they operate in an eligible industry sector as identified in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes;
Employing businesses with turnover greater than $2 million are eligible to apply for a larger turnover based COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant provided they meet the following additional criteria:
- Employ people in South Australia*; and
- Have turnover of greater than $2 million and up to $5 million in 2019-20 or 2020-21 to receive an additional $7,000 payment (taking total value of the grant to $10,000);
- Have turnover of greater than $5 million in 2019-20 or 2020-21 to receive an additional $17,000 payment (taking total value of grant to $20,000).
* To be considered an employee, staff must be under the control of the business, receive regular PAYG salary or wages, and have Pay As You Go Withholding amounts as well as superannuation paid by the employer. An owner, partner, or beneficiary of a trust is not considered to be an employee for the purpose of this grant.
Applicants must certify that they meet the eligibility criteria when submitting an online application.
Applicants will be subject to audit by the Government of South Australia or its representatives and will be required to produce evidence at the request of the Government for a period of 2 years after the grant has been approved.
If any information in applications is found to be false or misleading, the grant will be repayable on demand.
Information suspected to be fraudulent may be referred to the South Australian Police for investigation.
Applications close 31 October 2021.