What is the Creative Kids Digital Small Business Grant?
The Creative Kids Digital Small Business Grant is a program that will support small businesses or non-profit organisations that are Creative Kids Providers and directly affected by the COVID-19 emergency.
The NSW Government is providing financial support to ease the pressures on small business and families as a result of COVID-19.
This is a NSW Government grant program for small businesses/non-profit organisationsthat are Creative Kids Providers and directly affected by the COVID-19 emergency andthe associated NSW Public Health Order of 31 March 2020.
The Creative Kids Digital Small Business Grants allow Providers to transition their programs and business models to online and expand digital delivery so they can continueto meet the objectives of the Creative Kids Program to:
- support the cost of living for NSW families
- increase the participation of school-enrolled children in creative and cultural activities or lessons
- support the growth of creative thinking in children to enhance their future.
In addition, this grant program:
- strengthens small business and non-profit organisations in the creative sector financially and operationally
- supports audience and business development of the Provider through diversificationof income streams and markets.
Providers can apply for up to $5,000 for project expenses, including equipment, to support digital and online skills development and the delivery of online arts and cultural program/s for which Creative Kids vouchers are accepted.
The Creative Kids Digital Small Business Grant can support Providers to develop, produce,curate, and present online content for school-aged children and young people, for which Creative Kids vouchers can be redeemed. Funds are limited to the costs directly associated with transitioning to online delivery, including but not limited to:
- equipment or hardware
- online platform or web hosting costs
- internet access
- website interactivity or capacity development
- marketing an online program
- employment of specialists and/or consultants (if not covered by JobKeeper or the NSW Small Business COVID-19 Support Grant)
- artist, actor, presenter or facilitator fees (if not covered by JobKeeper or the NSW Small Business COVID-19 Support Grant)
- digital or technical skills development/training
- other relevant training, such as a course on web accessibility
- digital strategy development.
To be eligible for the program, you need to meet the following two criteria:
At the time of application you must be:
- a registered Creative Kids Provider
- a small business or non-profit organisation based in NSW and:
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have fewer than 20 full-time employees. That is, the sum total of all standardhours worked by all employees (whether full-time or part-time) is less than thenumber of standard hours which would be worked by 20 full-time employees, as defined by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Small Business Support
Your application must:
- clearly demonstrate adaptation of your current, or in development, Creative Kids activities to online delivery
- describe how this support can maintain or increase voucher redemption during COVID-19 restrictions
- meet the objectives of the Creative Kids Program, as outlined in the Overview and Creative Kids Provider Guidelines.
Applications close 6 November 2020.