Up to $2,100 is available from Cyber Security Small Business Program for a certified small business cyber security health check to determine business risk and areas that need attention.
Cyber Security Small Business Program
The Cyber Security Small Business Program will support small businesses across Australia to have their cyber security tested by a provider that has been approved by the Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers Australia New Zealand (CREST).
CREST Australia New Zealand provides assessment, accreditation, certification, education and training in cyber and information security for individuals and corporate entities. CREST certified information security professionals have passed an examination process as well as background vetting, and the companies that they work for (CREST approved companies) are audited by CREST and have signed up to the CREST code of conduct.
The Cyber Security Small Business Program (the program) was announced as part of Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy1 and will run over two years from 2018-19 to 2019-20.
The objective of the program is to improve cyber security for Australian small businesses. Intended outcomes of the program are:
- an increase in approved experts available to assist small businesses assess their cyber security, helping them to take responsibility for the security of their own networks
- small businesses understand their potential cyber security vulnerabilities and where to find trusted cyber security advice
- small businesses have the knowledge they need to make considered cyber security investments to protect their business long term
Grants will be provided to small businesses (with 19 or fewer employees) for up to 50 per cent of the cost of a micro, small or standard certified small business check. These health checks are essentially the same, but vary in price depending on the number of devices that are tested.
- The maximum grant amount is $2,100.
- The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
Eligible activities include:
- a micro, small or standard certified small business health check undertaken by a CREST approved provider.
Eligible expenditure for this grant opportunity is the direct cost of a micro, small or standard certified small business health check undertaken by a CREST approved provider.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- employ 19 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- and be one of the following:
- an entity incorporated in Australia
- a partnership
- a sole trader
Applications close 30 June 2020.