Up to $150,000 is available from Defence Global Competitiveness Grants to build a stronger, more sustainable and globally competitive Australian defence industry.
CDIC Defence Global Competitiveness Grants
The CDIC Defence Global Competitiveness Grants will help Australian SMEs to invest in projects that build export capability to build a stronger, more sustainable and globally competitive Australian defence industry.
The Australian Government announced up to $4.1 million each year from 2018-19 to 2028-29 for this grant opportunity.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $15,000
- The maximum grant amount is $150,000.
There is no limit on the number of grants a business can receive over the life of the grant opportunity. You cannot use funding from other Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government grants to fund your share of eligible project costs.
To be eligible your project must:
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $30,000 in eligible expenditure
- relate to new or expanded defence export opportunities
- occur within Australia
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and may include:
- buying, leasing, constructing, installing or commissioning of capital equipment including specialist software to enhance cyber security
- design, engineering and commissioning activities
- workforce training and accreditations
The Program Delegate may also approve other activities.
You can only spend grant funds on eligible expenditure you have incurred on an agreed project as defined in your grant agreement.
To be eligible you must:
- be an SME with less than 200 employees
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
and be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
In order to be eligible you must
- provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- provide an external Accountant Declaration that confirms you can fund your share of the project costs. You must use the Accountant Declaration form available at the bottom of this page.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.