Up to $25,000 is available to help SMEs participate in Commonwealth Government’s naval shipbuilding and maintenance programs & broader defence initiatives.
Defence Industry Sector and Naval Build Support
The Defence Industry Sector and Naval Build Support offers support SMEs that want to enhance their competitiveness so they can participate in the Commonwealth Government’s naval shipbuilding and maintenance programs, and broader defence initiatives.
The Department of Commerce is working closely once again with the Australian Industry Defence Network – WA (AIDN-WA) to promote the Defence Industry Sector and Naval Build Support and support the important contribution that the defence sector makes to the State’s economy.
This 2nd round of the popular dollar-for-dollar industry assistance program seeks to broaden the program from supporting opportunities in the naval sector to other sectors of the defence market that have been prioritised by the Commonwealth Government such as remotely operated platforms linked to land combat and amphibious warfare, cyber innovation initiatives to support intelligence capability development and initiatives to facilitate access to the Commonwealth Government’s Defence Industry support programs.
Applicants can claim up to 50% of approved eligible expenditure. A maximum of $25,000 is available to eligible businesses.
Businesses are expected to match the funding dollar-for-dollar.
Small to medium-sized enterprises based in WA may apply.
Funding is available for:
- temporary expert/consultant fees;
- and improvements to internal business infrastructure/systems.
In addition to naval opportunities, alignment with other sectors of the defence market that has been prioritised by the Commonwealth Government for 2016-17 is encouraged. These priorities are:
- remotely operated platforms linked to land combat vehicles, drones & amphibious warfare;
- cyber innovation initiatives to support intelligence capability development and
- bridging the gap between current SME capability and the criteria to access the range of support provided through the Commonwealth Government’s Industry Support programs.
Applications for Round 2 close 19 December 2016.