Call 1300 658 508
What is the Digital Jobs for Manufacturing?
The Digital Jobs for Manufacturing is a program that provides funding to upskill your existing staff in high demand digital skillsets.
The Digital Jobs for Manufacturing Program assists Victorian manufacturing businesses adapt to a digital operating environment by providing nominated employees with fully subsidised digital skills training.
The Digital Jobs for Manufacturing Program provides funding to enrol a nominated employee in a 12-week online, part-time industry endorsed digital skills course in one of the following streams:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) / machine learning
- Cloud computing
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Data analytics
- Digital marketing
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- IT operations and support
- Product management
- Programming / software development
- Project management (agile)
- User experience design / User interface design (UX/UI)
- Web development
Courses will run in January, May and September 2023 and January and April 2024.
Grants of up to $5000 are available per employee and require funded manufacturers to ensure their nominated employee is provided an opportunity to earn and learn.
This includes incorporating a digital element into the employee’s position description upon completion of the training, and ensuring the employee of assigned relevant work activities and tasks to apply and embed their learning.
Eligible businesses can receive funding for up to five (5) employees to undertake training throughout the life of the program.
Call 1300 658 508
The Digital Jobs for Manufacturing Program is open to businesses with an existing manufacturing presence in Victoria which are on a growth trajectory and are seeking to utilise their existing workforce to apply digital technology to their operations.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible under the program:
- Is a legal entity with an operating business presence in Victoria
- Has a current Australian Business Number (ABN) and held that ABN on and from 1 October 2022
- Has been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 1 October 2022
- Has met all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards
- Attests that they will make their nominated employee/s available for training in the selected training round; and
- Atteststhat both the applicant and their employee/s will participate in any future program evaluation activities.
Businesses can select from a range of 12-week online, part-time industry endorsed courses covering the training modules outlined above. Courses will be delivered by the following universities, TAFEs and private providers:
- Academy Xi
- Bendigo Kangan Institute
- Cyber CX
- Federation University
- General Assembly
- La Trobe University
- Monash College
- RMIT Online
- The University of Melbourne
- Victoria University Polytechnic
Applications close 31 March 2024.
The Victorian Government is supporting manufacturers by providing digital skills training through the $4.5 million Digital Jobs for Manufacturing programme. The programme offers grants of up to $5,000 per employee, allowing them to enrol in free 12-week courses offered by top universities and training providers. So far, 109 manufacturers have received nearly $775,000 in funding, benefitting 226 employees. SEM Fire and Rescue, a leading emergency vehicle manufacturer, is participating in the programme to enhance their digital capabilities.
The initiative builds upon the success of the $64 million Digital Jobs programme, aiming to retrain 5,000 mid-career Victorians. Minister Ben Carroll emphasised the importance of digital skills for Victorian companies.