Up to $10,000 is available from EDLF to support high growth ACT based businesses with skills development and knowledge transfer to nominated individuals within the company.
Entrepreneur Development Loan Fund (EDLF)
The Entrepreneur Development Loan Fund (EDLF) is designed to contribute to the costs of skills and knowledge transfer to high-growth potential businesses in the ACT in order to help them obtain or refine key skills and capabilities, grow the company, and achieve their business goals. The EDLF is intended to supplement existing ACT and federal government grants and to address funding shortfalls in facilitating skills and knowledge transfer for small to medium high-growth potential businesses in the ACT.
The Entrepreneur Development Loan Fund (EDLF) are aimed at assisting recipients obtain or refine key skills and capabilities necessary to grow the company and achieve defined business goals. The project should identify not only the activity or activities necessary to progress the company but also the key person or people who will acquire the skills and then transfer these to others in the organisation.
This program jointly funded by ERM Business Energy, Epicorp Limited, and Lighthouse provides low cost (flat 3%), unsecured loans of up to $10,000 to assist with skills development and knowledge transfer to key individuals in businesses in the ACT. Funds are not means tested and are provided to more mature companies on a project basis.
Some examples of eligible projects include:
- To acquire knowledge about how to structure the business for growth into other markets and regions.
- To acquire knowledge about intellectual property (IP) strategies for the company, with regards to both its products and services and branding and marketing.
- To acquire knowledge and understanding of the financial structures of the financial structures of the company, and how specific structures can better accommodate growth and other company objectives.
- To acquire management skills and capabilities that will aid company growth and other objectives.
- To acquire the necessary skills to develop a sales pipeline and related marketing strategy.
Applicants should contact Lighthouse to discuss eligibility of projects.
Small to medium high-growth businesses in the ACT.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.