What is the Emergency Grant: Sporting and Recreational Equipment Program?
The Emergency Grant: Sporting and Recreational Equipment Program helps local sport and active recreation clubs and organisations replace essential sports equipment that has been lost or destroyed as a consequence of unpreventable and exceptional events such as fire, flood, significant storms, theft or criminal damage.
A maximum grant of up to $2000 (excluding GST) will be provided to successful applicants to go towards the replacement cost of the lost or damaged equipment.
Grants are available towards the replacement cost of essential equipment owned by the club or organisation.
Essential equipment is:
- equipment that is required for ongoing participation in an activity that is transferable to other participants and remains the property of the club/organisation (for example, bats, match balls, helmets, equestrian jumps, racquets, gymnastic mats, team equipment kits, gloves and badminton nets)
- injury prevention equipment that is transferable (for example, goal post padding, batting pads, gloves, goalie gear, helmets, catcher’s gear)
- first aid equipment which is necessary for immediate attention to injury that may occur during participation in sport or active recreation.
Applications can be submitted by local community sport and active recreation clubs which:
- are non-government and not-for-profit
- are registered as an incorporated body. If the club or organisation is not incorporated it must arrange a legally constituted organisation to manage the funds.
- participate in an organised competition of a sport recognised by Sport Australia and/or Sport and Recreation Victoria.
- adhere to and enforce the Fair Play Code (or) their relevant state sporting assocaition code of conduct/member protection policy which incorporates the Fair Play Code.
- comply with the expectations of the Victorian Anti-doping Policy 2012.
- have satisfactorily met reporting requirements on any grants received from Sport and Recreation Victoria.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.