$4,000 is available to support employers with the recruitment process and with the training and retention of a new young employee within their business.
The Employment Start Up for Business program will assist employers across Victoria to employ at least 1,750 unemployed young people over the life of the program, and will offer individual businesses up to $4,000 for each successful employment opportunity.
The funding will support employers with the recruitment process and with the training and retention of a new young employee within their business.
The Employment Start Up for Business program offers a direct response to Victorian small and medium sized (SME) businesses that are experiencing difficulty in filling job vacancies.
The Employment Start Up for Business program will focus on SMEs with unfilled vacancies in both regional and metropolitan areas.
Each new employment placement will be full time, of at least 30 hours per week, and will involve accredited training for the new employee that is appropriate to the workplace and the job description.
Each eligible employer will be able to apply for a Employment Start Up for Business grant of up to $4,000 which comprises two payments as follows:
- $1,000 on initial employment of a young person between the ages of 15 to 25
- $3,000 after the employee has been employed for a 16 week period and has undertaken, or is enrolled in, accredited training that is appropriate to the workplace and the position description
Currently, there are 220 grants available.
To be eligible for Employment Start Up for Business individual funding businesses should meet the following criteria:
- Small to medium sized business up to 200 employees
- Young unemployed person aged between 15 to 25 placed in sustainable employment
- Full-time position of at least 30 hours per week, a copy of first payslip to be provided
- Fully accredited training to be arranged within the first 16 weeks of employment with proof of enrollment and payment provided.
Department of State Development, Business and Innovation
Business Victoria Help Line
Tel: 13 22 15