Up to $15,000 is available to help SMEs with the cost of an energy assessment to find ways of reducing their energy usage and costs.
Boosting Productivity Energy Assessment Grants
The SV Business – Boosting Productivity Energy Assessment Grants provide energy assessment grants for small and medium sized Victorian businesses to identify and undertake energy efficiency improvements that can boost productivity, save money and deliver other benefits.
The Energy Assessment Grants can provide expert and tailored advice on how a business can cut energy costs and unlock a range of co-benefits, such as improved productivity.
Energy assessments at more than 100 sites found there is potential for businesses to save, on average, more than $50,000 per annum on energy bills alone, with an average payback of just over 3 years. When factoring the co-benefits of energy efficiency, the savings can be multiplied and payback times reduced. For manufacturing businesses, even greater savings are possible.
Boosting Productivity is a $3 million Victorian Government grants program comprised of:
- Energy assessment grants for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Industry capability grants to help industry associations and business networks develop energy efficiency knowledge and skills (capabilities) in SMEs.
An energy assessment will help you to:
- Assess your current energy use
- Identify where you can use energy more efficiently deliver your product(s)/service(s):
- Find out if your business is on the best energy tariff for your needs
- Access a grants bonus of up to $3000 to put in place energy efficiency improvements
- Get the facts before you invest in new equipment or upgrades
- Reduce your energy bills
- Boost your business further with the co-benefits of energy efficiency, such as productivity improvements and reduced maintenance costs
- Learn about other energy efficiency incentives and financing options
Funding is available to cover 50% of the cost of an energy assessment at two levels:
- A basic energy assessment which provides up to $2,000 towards the cost of the assessment. This is recommended for businesses spending between $20,000 and $50,000 on energy per annum.
- A detailed energy assessment which provides up to $15,000 towards the cost of the assessment. This is recommended for businesses spending more than $50,000 on energy per annum.
A $3000 implementation bonus is available to both grant types to carry out one or more assessment recommendation, which will result in a reduction in energy (GJ) at the business site.
To be eligible, your business should:
- have less than 200 full time employees
- be currently spending more than $20,000 on energy each year
- able to cover 50% of the cost of the energy assessment.
Applications close 28 September 2018, unless funds are fully allocated before this date.
GreenAcres Golf Club could save more than $10,000 a year on its energy bills following an energy assessment to identify vital upgrades to its operations.
The Kew-based business is one of six organisations that will receive funding for energy assessments and upgrades under the Andrews Labor Government Boosting Business Productivity Grants Program.
Upgrades could include switching to LED lighting, upgrading irrigation pumps, reviewing air conditioning requirements, and increasing onsite energy generation.
The Labor Government is investing $3.6 million to help diverse businesses – from manufacturers and supermarkets to abalone farmers and bus companies – save on their energy bills.
Businesses can apply for a grant, which covers half the cost of an energy assessment.
Grants of up to $2000 are available for businesses spending between $20,000 and $50,000 on energy a year, and grants of up to $6000 are available for businesses with energy costs over $50,000 a year.Businesses that carry out one or more assessment recommendations qualify for a $3000 implementation bonus.
For more information or to apply for a grant visit www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/grants