What is the Enterprise Centres Tasmania Program Grant – Northern Region?
The Enterprise Centres Tasmania Program Grant – Northern Region is a program that provides funding to an independent business adviser to deliver tailored advisory services to small businesses in the northern region of Tasmania.
The Enterprise Centres Tasmania (ECT) program is a state-wide network of independent business advisors that offers confidential and practical support to Tasmanian small businesses.
The program delivers business advisory services to:
- enhance small business capacity
- improve the resilience of new and established small businesses
- promote growth by offering support in all stages of business development.
Funding is being offered for the period 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023 to deliver the program in the northern region only. This period may be extended by up to three years, depending on performance and at the discretion of the Department of State Growth. The northern region covers the following local government municipalities:
- George Town
- Meander Valley
- Northern Midlands
- West Tamar
The successful provider of the program is expected to deliver tailored advisory services to individual businesses, which includes running local networking events and delivering various business workshops.
The objectives of the Enterprise Centres Tasmania program are to provide small business support that is relevant, delivered to the highest standard and available when the business needs it by:
- Supporting small businesses to be more viable and employ more people
- Enabling more Tasmanians to start businesses and help those businesses to grow and survive
- Facilitating networking opportunities to increase peer to peer mentoring and business to business collaboration.
An allocation of $180 000 (excluding GST) is available to deliver the program in the northern region which will commence from 1 July 2022 and conclude on 30 June 2023.
Eligible applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria before submitting an application via Smarty Grants:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be registered for goods and services tax (GST).
- Be a sole trader, partnership, company, trust or an incorporated organisation at the time of the application.
- Must not be under external administration or have had applications for orders to appoint liquidators or provisional liquidators, or be wound up or dissolved, or any other action in relation to insolvency.
- Be able to commence delivery of the ECT program on 1 July 2022 and deliver until 30 June 2023.
- Have certificates of currency, including:
- Workers compensation for applicants who employ staff
- $20 million public liability insurance
- $5 million professional indemnity insurance
Applications will not be accepted from:
- a council existing under the Local Government Act 1993
- a Tasmanian or Australian Government body, for example State Owned Company or Government Business Enterprise
- applicants that do not hold the required level of workers compensation, public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance at the time of application.
Applications close 01 June 2022.