Are you looking to build on the outcomes of your Enterprise Connect Business Review?
As a business owner or manager who has already undertaken a Business Review, you are now faced with the challenge of implementing change in your business. Enterprise Learning and Mentoring allows you to learn from the experiences of others who have already met the challenge.
Enterprise Learning workshops combine the host firms ‘hands-on’ experience in implementing improvement initiatives with the experience of a subject specialist, who can demonstrate how these changes can be implemented within your business. The workshops address:
where to start
how to put in place a process for achievement
tips ‘n’ techniques
what results to expect
The workshop is hosted by an owner/operator that has been through the Business Review process. With only 6-10 participating businesses per workshop, the emphasis is on assisting firms who have completed a Business Review, are looking to implement its recommendations, but are unsure of the next steps.
The host business identifies the key impediments and challenges it faced in implementing the Business Review recommendations. The owner/operator then explains how the business implemented a particular improvement and the results.
Following this, a subject specialist delivers a two hour workshop on practical first steps attendees can immediately implement within their own businesses.
Enterprise Learning workshops will provide guidance and support in the following areas:
- Strategic Business Activities
- Leadership and Organisational Culture
- Product and Service Development
- Advertising and Marketing
- Environmental Management Practises
- Exploring New Markets
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Internal Systems
To be eligible for Enterprise Learning, businesses must:
- have completed an Enterprise Connect
- Business Review or a review that is deemed equivalent by an Enterprise Connect Centre Director;
- have Enterprise Learning identified as an internal recommendation in their Business Review; or
- be invited to attend by an Enterprise Connect Centre.
Enterprise Learning workshops are run on a demand basis and are provided at no cost to the business.
Enterprise Mentoring builds on the outcomes of the Enterprise Connect Business Review through informal learning sessions and one-on-one mentoring.
Enterprise Mentoring will support your business in implementing the recommendations of the Business Review. Utilising an independent and skilled external mentor, your business will be guided through the implementation of the Business Reviews internal recommendations and supported through the continuous improvement process.
Enterprise Mentoring is delivered at your business, over a six month period (1.5 hrs per month). One-to-one, the mentors will work with you to overcome the key impediments to the successful growth of your business.
How can a mentor assist me?
Mentors will share experiences and knowledge, provide an unbiased perspective and act as a sounding board. Mentors will introduce you to resources that can be used to achieve improvements in your business and assist you
with the development of key business skills.
Mentors will not actively participate in solving client problems directly, instruct the client in specific actions, or undertake tasks that would normally be considered part of a Tailored Advisory Service (TAS) consultant’s role.
To be eligible for Enterprise Mentoring, businesses must have:
- Completed an Enterprise Connect Business Review
- Have Enterprise Mentoring identified as an internal recommendation in their Business
- Have undertaken an Enterprise Learning workshop, lodged an application for, or been approved for a TAS grant;
- Applied for the program within twelve months of completing an Enterprise Connect Business
- Review; and
- Have sufficient TAS grant funding remaining to cover the cost of a mentor.
Eligible businesses will have costs covered within maximum TAS grant funding eligibility of $20,000. Costs are dependent on the choice of mentor. There is no matching funding requirement for Enterprise Mentoring costs.
ELM Fact Sheets
Read the fact Sheets on Enterprise Learning and Enterprise Mentoring