Up to $3,000 is available from Event Bushfire Recovery Assistance to help organisers of events in bushfire affected areas with marketing and event promotion.
Event Bushfire Recovery Assistance
Events Bushfire Recovery Assistance is designed to support events in the Huon Valley, West Coast, Derwent Valley and Central Highlands as the regions rebuild from the 2019 bushfires.
In late 2018 to early 2019 Tasmania has been impacted by bushfires which are continuing to impact parts of the State.
Events Tasmania is offering grants to amplify the marketing activity of events. These are one off assistance grants and are in response to the recent bushfires. Applicants must be able to outline their planned marketing activity and demonstrate their understanding of the expected amplification effect of the grant funding on their planned activity.
The event must be held prior to the end of the 2019-2020 financial year. The marketing activity should be aimed at attracting visitors from outside
of the region where the event is held.
Events supported through Events Tasmania return around $100 million to the Tasmanian economy each year, as well as creating jobs and engendering pride in the state.
Events Tasmania’s support and funding programs have been developed to maintain a balanced events portfolio that:
- attracts people to Tasmania; supporting the joint strategy between the tourism industry and government to increase visitor numbers to Tasmania to 1.5 million per year by 2020;
- encourages Tasmanians to move around the state; and
- gets people talking about Tasmania through their own circles of influence.
Funding of up to $3,000 is available.
To be eligible for the grant you must:
- Organise an event held within the Huon Valley, West Coast, Derwent Valley or Central Highlands
- Outline your existing planned marketing activity
- Explain how the event will benefit from the marketing grant
- Provide your overall event budget
The funding is not intended for events that are primarily a showcase for stall-holders to demonstrate, promote or sell services, including:
- trade fairs
Applications close 30 June 2019.