Up to $20,000 is available to help interstate and international marketing of the Territory’s festivals and events to help attract more tourists to the NT.
The Event Marketing Sponsorship Program provides funding to assist the marketing of events and festivals that help build the positioning of the NT as a fun, social, and adventurous leisure destination. Support may take the form of financial funding, and/or in-kind support such as website listings, inclusion in promotional and public relations activities and/or assistance with images or advertising.
Support is only available for events with the potential to help achieve Tourism NT’s strategic objectives to:
- Grow visitor numbers to the NT
- Increase visitor expenditure in the NT
- Flatten the seasonality of visitation to the NT
- Increase visitor dispersal through the NT
- Strengthen the NT position as a fun, social and adventurous destination
- Support our competitive strengths of nature-based and cultural tourism
Funding is available per event, in the following three tiers:
- Tier 1: Up to $5,000 per event for interstate marketing for new and developing events. This funding is particularly suited for regional community events.
- Tier 2: Up to $10,000 per event for interstate marketing of annual established events.
- Tier 3: Or a maximum of up to $20,000 per event for innovative marketing of exceptional major events.
Funding can only be used towards interstate and international marketing activity of events held in the NT during the 2017 calendar year.
To be eligible to apply for the Event Marketing Sponsorship, events must be held in the Northern Territory within the twelve month period of January-December 2017.
To apply for funding, applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Individuals: must be 18 years of age or over, be Australian citizens or have permanent residence status and must be residents of the NT. Employees of NT Government are ineligible if there is a direct conflict of interest
- Groups: if not legally constituted must identify an individual within the group who will be legally and financially responsible for the grant on behalf of the group
- Organisations and businesses: must be legally constituted, and be an Australian registered, entity operating in the NT. Local Government and agencies of the NT Government are eligible to apply, however priority consideration will be given to the private sector including not for profit organisations.
Applications close 31 August 2016.
2016 Event Marketing Sponsorship Program Recipients
Tourism NT provided event marketing sponsorship to the following events, scheduled for 2016.
- 2016 Rotary Henley on Todd Regatta
- Alice Desert Festival
- Alice Springs Running Festival
- Barunga Festival
- Alice Springs Beanie Festival
- Classic Outback Trial
- Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair
- Desert Harmony Festival
- Desert Mob
- Easter in the Alice Mountain Bike Muster
- Hottest Sevens in the World
- Marrakai Mango Festival
- Mindil Beach Sunset Markets
- Pine Creek 20th Annual Goldrush Festival
- Run Larapinta
- The Redback
- Uluru Camel Cup
- Wide Open Space Festival
- Event Marketing Sponsorship Guidelines