Up to $5,000 is available from the Facebook Australia Groups Fund to support Facebook Groups to come together in Australia.
Facebook Australia Groups Fund
Facebook is providing grants to support Facebook Groups to come together in Australia. Applicants from Eligible Facebook Groups are invited to apply for a grant, to support an Eligible Activity related to that Group.
Applicants representing an Eligible Facebook Group may be considered for a Grant between the value of AU$ 500- AU$5,000, to fund an Eligible Activity. The value of the Grant is determined by Facebook in its sole discretion and may be different to the amount requested by the Applicant.
An Eligible Activity is one which is based in Australia that requires funding to support the purpose, facilitation and ongoing activities of the Group. For example, the Grant may be used to fund a variety of events, resources, tools and access that empower face-to-face or offline activities of the Group and their members. We will take a variety of matters into consideration, including whether the activity:
- Builds social inclusivity and support
- Supports communities from diverse backgrounds
- Bridges the divide for remote and regional communities
- Builds connections through sport and recreation
- Includes the participation of Facebook Group Members
- Occurs for the betterment of the Group members in Australia and /or the wider Australian community.
To be eligible for a grant, the Applicant must:
- Be designated as a Group Administrator of an Eligible Facebook Group.
- Be an Australian resident, and at least 18 years of age
- Hold an Australian bank account, in the name of the Applicant. Comply with all applicable terms and policies governing the use of Facebook apps and services, including but not limited to the Terms of Service.
Grant applications will close when Facebook has received 500 applications or at 5pm AEST on 28 September 2018, whichever is earlier.