Up to $1M is available from Farm Investment Loans to help farm businesses build and maintain strong, resilient and profitable businesses.
Farm Investment Loans
Farm Investment Loans provide farm businesses with loans to make farms stronger, more resilient and more profitable.
These loans are available to help eligible farm businesses build and maintain diversity in the markets they supply and take advantage of new and emerging opportunities across Australia and overseas.
Farm Investment Loans aim to support the long-term strength, resilience and profitability of Australian farm
Loans of up to $1 million over a period of 10 years are available. Repayments over the first five years are interest only, then principal and interest for the remaining five years. After 10 years, any remaining balance on the loan can be refinanced with a commercial lender.
Farm Investment Loans may be used to:
- strengthen your farm business
- access markets interstate or outside Australia
- prepare for, manage through or recover from drought
- refinance existing debt
- pay for operating expenses or capital
- enhance productivity
- fund drought-related activities.
To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- contribute at least 75% of your labour to the farm business (under normal circumstances)
- earn at least 50% of your income from the farm business (under normal circumstances).
Additionally, the farm business you are running must:
- solely or mainly sell products into supply chains that are interstate or outside Australia, or plan to in the future
- have existing commercial debt
- be registered for tax purposes in Australia with an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be in financial need of a loan
- have the capacity to repay the loan
- operate as a sole trader, trust, partnership or private company
- be in the agriculture, horticulture, pastoral, apiculture, or aquaculture industry.
Applications close 30 June 2026.