What is the First Peoples’ COVID-19 Business Support Fund?
The First Peoples’ COVID-19 Business Support Fund is a grant opportunity to help Victorian Aboriginal businesses affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic get back on their feet.
The Victorian Government has developed the First Peoples’ COVID-19 Business Support Fund to support Victorian Aboriginal businesses that have been affected by trading restrictions introduced to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Grants can be used to help to meet business costs including rent and salaries, develop marketing activities or pivot the business offering in response to the current environment.
Eligible Aboriginal businesses can receive a grant of up to $10,000 per Australian Business Number (ABN).
Businesses that have already received financial assistance through these Victorian Government business support grants, will be eligible for a lower level of support through this fund:
- businesses who have received a $5,000 grant from the Business Support Fund – Expansion program are eligible for a $5,000 grant from this fund
- businesses who have received funding of $3,000 from the Sole Trader Support Fund (STSF) are eligible for a reduced grant amount from this fund (the grant amount will be reduced by the amount already received from STSF).
Only one grant will be awarded to each eligible ABN, regardless of the number of business names attached to that ABN.
Grants can be used to:
- meet business costs, including utilities, stock, salaries or rent
- seek financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- develop the business through marketing and communications activities
- address supply chain and logistics challenges
- pivot the business offering in response to the current environment
- conduct other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
The First Peoples’ COVID-19 Business Support Fund is open to Victorian Aboriginal businesses (including sole traders and self-employed businesses) that meet all of the following criteria:
- are a Victorian business (registered in Victoria)
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and held that ABN on 16 March 2020
- are certified as an Aboriginal business through Kinaway
- have a minimum annual turnover of $30,000 (or pro-rata turnover if an annual turnover is not available)
- have been impacted by temporary trading restrictions introduced to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Applications close 29 January 2021.