Up to $30,000 is available from Frankston City Business Grants to create employment opportunities, enhance the reputation and build a resilient local economy in Frankston City.
Frankston City Business Grants
Frankston City Business Grants provides funding to innovative small businesses in Frankston City. The grants aim to support businesses which can create employment opportunities in Frankston and build a resilient local economy.
The local government sector plays a critical role in the economic development of local business communities. Since 2012, Frankston City Council has issued grants to innovative businesses through a competitive program held annually.
The grants provide a boost to businesses that demonstrate potential to create employment and contribute to building a resilient, innovative local economy.
Grants of up to $30,000 are available for businesses.
Grants will be awarded to businesses who will best accomplish one or more of the following outcomes:
- create employment
- build a resilient local economy through sustainable and diverse industries
- improve and activate commercial or industrial occupancy precincts
- enhance the reputation of Frankston City
- position Frankston City as the start-up capital of Melbourne’s South East.
Businesses will need to detail how they intend to spend their grant funds. Approved business growth activities include the following:
- Research in innovative product or service design
- Capital works such as business fit out and facade improvements including the installation of green infrastructure
- Digital strategy development
- Marketing and website development
- Recruitment and training
- Specialised equipment and/or software
- Product development
- Intellectual property costs
- Export related activities
To be eligible, you must:
- legally trade from a premises that you own or lease (including business incubator or co-working spaces) within a commercial, industrial or activity centre zone in Frankston City, with at least 3 years remaining on your lease as at 1 September 2018, or
- if you have less than 3 years remaining on your lease, be willing to extend your lease to have 3 years remaining from 1 September 2018 if awarded a grant, or
- be willing to relocate to a commercial, industrial or activity centre zone in Frankston City within three months of being awarded a grant.
You must also:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have had a turnover of less than $2 million in the previous financial year
- have attended one of the scheduled compulsory information sessions either in person or via webinar.
Applications close 5 October 2018.
- Guidelines and Toolkit