Up to $10,000 are available to help children and families participate in sport no matter what their circumstances.
Future State Greats Ltd makes funding grants available to Queensland school students between the ages of 10-19 years who want to play sport but for some reason find it difficult to do so.
The funding is designed for developing school athletes, in-need, whose cases fall within the following 5 cause categories of:
- Aboriginal & Torres Straight Islanders;
- Spirit of Sport/ Hardship;
Funding is available for up to $1000.00, but most amounts range from between $200.00 and $500.00.
The Future State Greats Grants program is designed for school principals to nominate students from their school. The student may be eligible for funding if:
- They live in Australia and are enrolled in a Queensland school
- They are aged between 10-19 years
- The play or wish to play inter-school sport
The sort of information that will be required is:
- Student and family details
- School attendance records
- Sporting record and participation
- Behaviour record
- Costs associated with any relevant causes
For the nominee to be considered for FSG funding, he or she must be competing in one of the following Queensland School Sports.
- Water Polo
- Basketball Swimming
- Aust. Football
- Track & Field
- Football (Soccer)
- Touch Football
- Rugby Union
- Rugby League
- Cross Country
Applications are open in an ongoing basis.