Up to $90,000 is available for games studios to create a diverse range of games for any distribution platform, with an emphasis on the creation of intellectual property.
Film Victoria provides Victorian game developers with valuable support to develop and market high-quality games for global audiences.
Two funding streams are currently available
- Screen Marketing – Games Release
- Screen Development – Games
Screen Development – Games
- assists Victorian games developers to create a diverse range of games for any distribution platform, with an emphasis on the creation of intellectual property (IP) and long-term benefits for their business
- companies will be eligible for an investment of between $30,000 and $90,000 to develop a prototype or full game, depending on level of experience
- funds are available to invest in commercially appealing projects that can attract overseas interest, create jobs and succeed in the global market.
Screen Marketing – Games Release
- assists Victorian companies with limited or no experience in releasing games to deliver a well-planned and marketed release of their project
- companies will be able to apply for grants of up to $25,000 to attach marketing, business and legal consultants to their project
- this support aims to make both current and future releases more successful, and allow the companies to develop skills and networks critical to releasing games successfully
- Agent Of Plague (Green Stripe Snake);
- ARX (Pub Games)
- Escape From Pleasure Planet (Up Multimedia)
- Space Dust Racing (Space Dust Studios)
- Wander (Wander MMO)
- Snotling Fling (Wicked Witch Software)
- Mini Magician Tower (Mighty Games Group) – players can build and manage their own magic school;
- Armello (League of Geeks Pty Ltd) – a digital card and board game set in a fairy tale animal kingdom;
- Framed (Loveshack Entertainment Pty Ltd) – a panel-shifting puzzle game;
- Fight the Dragon (Three Sprockets Pty Ltd) – a mini action role-playing game and adventure construction kit;
- Spy Class (Fractual Multimedia Pty Ltd) – an educational maths game that helps students to revise, extend and apply their knowledge;
- Torque Street Racing (League of Monkeys) – an adrenalin-pumping streetcar game;
- Warrior Defense (Good Game Productions Pty Ltd) – an exciting action game; and
- Crawl (David Lloyd) – a game where one player controls the hero and the other players control the monsters.
Projects supported through Film Victoria’s Screen Marketing – Games Release are:
- Lcdemakes, Education Group Network Group Pty Ltd
- Wolfdozer, Anomalous Interactive
- Toy Maker: Blitz, The Voxtel Agents Pty Ltd
- Muse, Current Circus
- Zombitsu, Ruma Studios Pty Ltd
The next round is TBA.
Writing a good quality grant application is a critical element in the application process. An application needs to be well thought through, written concisely, have clear objectives and purpose, and show clear links to the objectives of the grant guidelines.
The grant application must answer all questions, provide all required information and respond to the merit criteria. It should also reflect your organisation’s business strategy.
Writing a good application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation.
Call us on (03) 9005 6789 or email to discuss further.
We have significant experience in applying for grants. Typical areas where we can be of assistance include:
- Demonstrating the identified need;
- Highlighting the relevance to current government policies and priorities;
- Complete the Project Plan and Budget Projections;
- Identify Outcomes that are measurable;
- Detail the applicant organisation’s experience or expertise in undertaking the project/s;
- Calculating the value for money; and
- Demonstrating capacity to deliver quality outcomes