Up to $25,000 is available to companies to prepare for export.
Export Grant Consultant
1300 658 508
The Gateway Business Program is a South Australian Government program which assists small to medium-sized firms prepare for export. The Gateway Business Program can meet eligible expenses incurred in developing international markets.
Successful applicants may receive up to $25,000 over two years for eligible projects. Individual project caps range between $2,000 and $10,000.
Eligible Gateway Business Program projects include:
- researching feasible overseas markets
- developing marketing material for distribution overseas
- participating in international trade shows, trade missions and business programs
- adapting websites for specific international markets
- undergoing export specific mentoring and
- supporting incoming buyers.
To be eligible for the Gateway Program applicants must:
- be an Australian-registered business based in South Australia and be registered for GST (South Australian based companies not owned in South
- Australia are required to provide a case for support) turn over at least $150,000 a year, and have been in business for at least two years
- own the product or service being promoted
- have tradeable goods or services and be export-capable for the intended market
- intend to trade goods or services made in South Australia, or be able to demonstrate that the export of your goods or services will benefit South Australia’s economy and
- have attended or willing to attend a relevant South Australian export workshop or demonstrate prior export capability
The applicant must not:
- have received an Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) over the past two years
- have exhausted the EMDG program
- be applying at the same time for other funding for the same project or
- have received five (5) or more grants under the Market Access Program (MAP) or South Australian Promotion Program (SAPP) grants.
The Gateway Business Program offers up to 50 per cent reimbursement of eligible export-related expenditure, with a maximum grant of $25,000 over two years.
Lodge a Gateway program application. The application must be lodged before you commence a project for which you are seeking financial assistance
You may begin the project, without waiting to hear of the success (or otherwise) of your application. Please note that if you are not successful in obtaining funding, your company will have to pay all project costs.
If the application is successful, you will be notified in writing and required to enter into a funding agreement with the Department for Manufacturing, Innovation, Trade, Resources and Energy (DMITRE).
After the project is completed, you will be required to submit a concise project report, evidence of your project expenses and an invoice for reimbursement.
All funds must be used and reimbursed within two years as outlined in the funding agreement. Any funds not used or reimbursed in this period will be forfeited. No extensions will be granted.
Other funding may be available later through other sources, such as the Australian Government’s Export Market Development Grant (EMDG).
Need EMDG Help
1300 658 508
- Gateway Business Program – Guidelines
- Phone: 08 8303 2400
- Email: [email protected]