What is the Get Active Kids Voucher Program?
The Get Active Kids Voucher Program is an initiative to help eligible families get their kids involved in organised sport and recreation activities by reimbursing the cost of membership and registration fees, uniforms and equipment.
On 1 November 2020, the Victorian Government announced the $21 million Get Active Kids Voucher Program. This Victorian-first initiative will deliver 100,000 vouchers over two years to eligible Victorian children and young people, assisting families with the costs of participation in sport and active recreation activities. The program will encourage kids to re-engage or to participate for the first time in new activities by reducing the cost of participation which can be a significant barrier to participation.
The Get Active Kids Voucher Program will be delivered in a targeted way to support families facing the greatest cost pressures to participation in sport and active recreation.
The Get Active Kids Voucher Program will provide reimbursement of eligible expenses up to $200 for each child for costs associated with participation in organised sport and active recreation activities. Eligible costs include membership and registration fees, uniforms and equipment associated with participation.
Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses will be provided for eligible activities associated with:
- membership, registration or general fees to participate at an affiliated sport or active recreation club, association or program.
Additionally, reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses may also be provided for eligible activities associated with:
- equipment required to participate in the nominated activity; and/or
- uniforms and clothing required to participate in the nominated activity.
To be eligible under the Program, the activity or program must be affiliated to a Sport and Recreation Victoria recognised Victorian State Sporting Association (SSA) or Victorian State Sport and Recreation Body (SSRB).
See Activities for more information about recognised organisations.
To be reimbursed for equipment, uniform or clothing expenses:
- the equipment (such as protective equipment, hockey stick, helmet, basketball, etc) and uniform items (including required uniform, appropriate footwear, socks, sports bra, etc) must be required for participation in the chosen sport or recreation activity
- you must have incurred expenses within the specified eligible expenditure dates for new membership or registration fees related to participation in the sport or activity. If proof of payment for a membership or registrations fees within the expenditure dates is not attached, you will not be reimbursed for uniform and equipment expenses.
To apply for a Get Active Kids voucher you must be:
- the parent and/or legal guardian of an eligible child; and
- the holder of an issued and valid Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with named dependants
- the parent and/or legal guardian of a child named on their own issued and valid Australian Government Health Care Card.
To be eligible for a voucher your child/dependant must be:
- aged 0 to 18 years;
- a resident in Victoria
- named on an issued and valid Australian Government Medicare Card (at the time of your application) and;
- named on an issued and valid Australian Government Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card (at the time of your application); or
- named on their own issued and valid Australian Government Health Care Card (at the time of your application.
Eligible applicants will be able to apply for more than one voucher if they have multiple eligible children/dependants and subject to voucher availability.
Special consideration may apply if the child/dependant is aged 0 to 18 years, is a resident in Victoria and meets one of the following criteria below:
- Child is currently residing in Victorian Care Services; or
- the child/family is a temporary or provisional visa holder, undocumented migrant or international student.
If you are a parent/legal guardian, foster carer or kinship carer of a child who meets one of the above criteria, please email [email protected] for a Special Consideration Application Form.
Applications close 30 November 2021.