Up to $7,500 is available from Get Going Clubs to help not-for-profit local sport and recreation organisations improve participation opportunities for Queenslanders.
Get Going Clubs
Get Going Clubs provides funding to support not-for-profit local sport and recreation organisations to create and provide access to participation opportunities for Queenslanders.
Get Going Clubs is one of four programs in the Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative which supports participation in sport and active recreation at the grassroots level. The programs that form this initiative are:
- Get Started Vouchers: assists children and young people who can least afford, or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or active recreation club
- Get Going Clubs: support not-for-profit local sport and recreation organisations to create and provide access to participation opportunities for Queenslanders
- Get Playing Places and Spaces: assists local sport and recreation organisations with the development of places and spaces so Queenslanders are encouraged to become involved in sport and active recreation
- Get Playing Plus: assists in developing places and spaces that increase participation opportunities, meet service gaps and address regional needs.
The objectives of Get Going Clubs are to:
- enable local sport and recreation organisations to deliver projects that improve participation opportunities
- develop the capacity of sport and recreation organisations to deliver participation opportunities.
Funding of up to $7,500 (GST exclusive) is available for eligible organisations to deliver sport or active recreation projects that meet the program objectives. The funding may be used for up to 100% of the total eligible project costs.
Eligible projects are those that:
- address the identified need
- meet the program objectives
An organisation can request any combination of the following components up to a maximum of $7,500 (GST exclusive):
- education and training
Organisations eligible to apply for funding are:
- a local or regional level Queensland not-for-profit sport or recreation organisation or a not-forprofit community organisation (whose primary objective is sport or recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 2002 (Cwlth)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth) or
- a sport or recreation club incorporated within a Queensland university.
Applications close 11 August 2017.