What is the Global Gateway Program?
The Global Gateway Program is a grant opportunity to support Victorian exporters to stabilise their business and adapt their strategies in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The Global Gateway program will support established Victorian exporters to help them stabilise their business and adapt their export strategies in response to the challenges created by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Th program is a key part of the Victorian Government’s $15.7 million Export Recovery Package.
The objectives of the Global Gateway Program are to:
- Assist established Victorian exporters to stabilise and maintain their export base and adapt their business models for recovery in response to the market conditions imposed by COVID-19 – including facilitating new channels to market, or through diversification into new markets.
- Support Victorian businesses that play a critical role in the State’s export economy, including through supporting job retention and export growth.
Eligible Victorian businesses can apply for a one-off Global Gateway Program grant of up to $50,000 to identify and engage professional service providers to deliver project activities to support their export recovery. These activities may include marketing and promotion, market access and marketing intelligence. Businesses must make a minimum co-contribution of 20 per cent of the project.
Businesses wishing to apply for support through the Global Gateway program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a legally structured business with significant operations in Victoria.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Demonstrate an annual export revenue of at least $2 million in either the 2018/19 or 2019/20 financial years.
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
The following are not eligible to apply for the Global Gateway Program:
- Commonwealth, state and local government agencies or bodies.
- Industry associations and business chambers.
Applications for the Global Gateway Program close 17 January 2021.