Business support is provided for SME’s with high growth potential.
Australia’s high growth potential small to medium enterprises (SMEs) engaged in Precincts will have access to advanced business support through the Growth Opportunities and Leadership Development (GOLD) Service.Business support services, including Enterprise Connect, Commercialisation Australia, AusIndustry, Austrade and the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation, will partner to deliver GOLD services to help high-performing SMEs continue to grow their business and thrive.
Services will be provided in Industry Innovation Precincts to connect participating SMEs to leading practice and expert knowledge.
Services will include:
- development of a tailored growth plan for each client, designed in close consultation with a client coordinator, and personalised introductions to potential sources of assistance needed by high‑growth firms
- assistance for businesses on how to access new markets through access to key services like Enterprise Connect, Austrade and the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation
- continuation of the successful Researchers in Business program to help firms bring researchers into their operations to assist in solving practical problems
- a new design solutions initiative that will enable firms to apply design thinking to develop and evolve their business models
- an extension of the Mt Eliza Leadership 21 program to strengthen leadership capabilities that are critical to building a culture of innovation.
Further services may be provided by individual Precincts, depending on the identified needs of the SMEs in their sector.
For example, Precincts may connect SMEs with “Innovation Champions” who are experienced industry leaders.
“Innovation Champions” could provide practical advice to young entrepreneurs and researchers.
They could also be available, subject to Precinct Board agreement, to mentor Precinct participants and provide advice to individual projects, like connections to key international players and new markets.