What is the Good Company Grants?
The Good Company Grants is a grant opportunity to help artists produce an in-person arts event, in partnership with a local business.
The Good Company offers artists with funding to spend on producing an in-person arts event, including artist fees, production costs, access and inclusion resources, marketing and venue hire.
Artists have had it extra-rough throughout COVID times, and many businesses continue to experience serious loss. So, the Good Company wants you to partner with a local business to present your live event to your community. Poetry, music, talks, interactive art, workshops, performance, whatever it is, your event will bring people together in real life to experience it, in partnership with a Canberra-based business.
While this program is largely focused on the quick distribution of funding to artists, we also aim to create processes which enrich the artists practice, support learning and professional development, encourage artists approach new collaborations with confidence, ease the possible anxiety and issues surrounding working with a new venue, and allow for the artist’s concept to evolve as they work on their project.
The program aims to:
- Put money into the pockets of artists and arts workers
- Support arts events to happen in the ACT
- Foster creative relationships between artists and businesses
- Bring people and activity back into businesses that continue to be affected by COVID
The following support is offered through good company:
- $5000.00 to spend on artist fees, production costs, access and inclusion resources, marketing and venue hire.
- Two meetings with an experienced producer to help you with your application.
- Successful applicants will have at least two meetings with the YAH producer hive-mind to get started on production of their event.
- All live events will be marketed by YAH, and we will provide you with help to run your own mini marketing campaign as well.
- YAH producers will guide you through every step of the process, from application and production, to documentation, evaluation and acquittal.
- Financial resources set aside to meet your access requirements through the whole process from application to delivery of events.
There are 12 grants of $5K available through Good Company. They will open four application rounds throughout October-January. Three artists will be selected in each round. Events will take place from January-April 2022.
This program aims to encourage artists to partner with a local business to present a live event to the community. Eligible expenses may include artist fees, production costs, access and inclusion resources, marketing and venue hire.
Funding is available to support the following types of events:
- in-person arts events
- events that specifically respond to a particular Canberra business and its value to the local community
- events that contribute to the recovery and resilience of arts and the broader community.
To be eligible, you must:
- reside in the ACT or demonstrate that your practice is based in Canberra
- hold Australian citizenship, permanent resident status, New-Zealand Special Category visa or a temporary Australian visa which expires in no less than 2 years from the date of application
- be an individual or group, not an organisation.
Applications close 17 January 2022.