What is Google Ad Grants?
The Google Ad Grants is a program that gives nonprofit organisations the chance to advertise on Google Ads for free. You could recruit more volunteers, attract more donations, and share your story with audiences all over the globe. It’s23 all possible with Google Ad Grants.
As you think about the best ways to use Google Ad Grants, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images).
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages, in positions below the ads of paying advertisers.
- All campaigns must be keyword-targeted.
- Your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD.
- You’ll receive $10,000 USD (up to $40,000 USD for Grantspro participants) of in-kind Google Ads advertising each month.
To be eligible for the Google Ad Grants programme:
- Organizations must be currently registered with Connecting Up, TechSoup Global’s regional arm.
- Organizations must be: (1) deductible gift recipients (DGRs) endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or listed by name in the tax law; (2) charities registered with the Australian Charities and Nonprofits Commission (ACNC); or (3) income tax exempt not-for-profit organizations as defined by the ATO.
- Organizations must be located in Australia or one of the following territories: Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, or Norfolk Island.
Please note, some types of organizations are not eligible and will not be verified. Please confirm your organization is:
- Not a governmental entity or organization
- Not a hospital or healthcare organization
- Not a school, academic institution, or university (Google for Education offers a separate program for schools)
To maintain eligibility in the Google Ad Grants programme:
- Your ads must only link to the ONE nonprofit website domain that was approved in the application.
- You are required to actively manage the AdWords account by logging in monthly and making at least one change to your account every 90 days, based on review of your account performance. Your account is subject to automatic pausing or cancellation without notification should you fail to make any changes in your account for over 90 days.
- Your ads must reflect the mission of the approved non-profit organisation and your keywords must be relevant to the non-profit’s programmes and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed through this programme. If you intend to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and/or proceeds must support your programme.
- Your Google ads cannot link to pages that are primarily links to other websites.
- Ads offering financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or those requesting car, boat or property donations and related keywords are not allowed.
- Your website cannot display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants.
Google Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the programme. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organisation’s application or participation at any time, for any reason and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google’s sole discretion and are not subject to external review.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.