What is Google Ad Grants?
The Google Ad Grants is a program that gives nonprofit organisations the chance to advertise on Google Ads for free. You could recruit more volunteers, attract more donations, and share your story with audiences all over the globe. It’s all possible with Google Ad Grants.
As you think about the best ways to use Google Ad Grants, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images).
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages, in positions below the ads of paying advertisers.
- All campaigns must be keyword-targeted.
- Your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD.
- You’ll receive $10,000 USD (up to $40,000 USD for Grantspro participants) of in-kind Google Ads advertising each month.
All of the Google Ads Grant grantees must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for Google Ad Grants and keep that qualification active. Here’s how your nonprofit can qualify.
Your organization must:
- Begin by applying to Google for Nonprofits. Your organization must hold valid charity status. Please see the Google for Nonprofits site for definitions of charity status in your country. Governmental entities and organizations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, academic institutions and universities are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits, but philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
- Acknowledge and agree to Google’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a high-quality website that meets the Ad Grants website policy.
- Get approved through the Ad Grants pre-qualification process after your organization is enrolled in Google for Nonprofits.
In order to qualify for a Google Ad Grant, your nonprofit must be based in one of these countries.
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (German)
- Canada (English)
- Canada (French)
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong (English)
- Hong Kong (Cantonese)
- India (English)
- India (Hindi)
- Luxembourg (German)
- Luxembourg (French)
- New Zealand
- Philippines (English)
- Philippines (Filipino)
- Singapore (Chinese)
- Singapore (English)
- South Africa
- Switzerland (French)
- Switzerland (German)
- Switzerland (Italian)
- United Kingdom
- United States
Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time.
To maintain your eligibility for Google Ad Grants, your organization must abide by program policies.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.