Up to $50,000 is available from Grants for Asian Market Export Program to help WA agrifood businesses export their products into premium Asian markets.
Grants for Asian Market Export Program
The Grants for Asian Market Export Program provides funding to agribusinesses to help them develop and implement strategies to improve their export opportunities and attract investment that will lead to direct benefits for regional WA.
The Grants for Asian Market Export program is a major component of the department’s Asian Market Success project, supported by the State Government through the Royalties for Regions program.
Asian Market Success (AMS) was a three-year, $6 million project managed by DPIRD and supported by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program. AMS has been extended to 2018-19 and continues to work towards an overarching aim of providing WA agrifood businesses with confidence to invest in accessing and developing high value, premium export markets in Asia.
Grants are intended to:
- provide WA agrifood businesses with the confidence to invest in accessing and developing premium markets in Asia
- help transform the approach WA agrifood businesses apply to exporting so that they are internationally competitive and therefore able to capture high value, premium export markets.
Up to $500 000 will be invested in Round Three of the Asian Market Export Grants program with individual grants of between $20 000 and $50 000 (excluding GST) available to successful applicants.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a GST registered, Australian based legal entity with an an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be capable of entering into a legally binding agreement with the Western Australian Government
- have been in operation for more than three years and have already undertaken some export related activities
- have your main source of income (more than 50%) related to the sale of food and beverage related goods or services
- be a small to medium enterprise (SME) employing not more than 200 staff with an aggregated turnover of no more than $250 million
- be exporting or seeking to export goods that are produced, grown or manufactured in Western Australia
- have established or be in the midst of establishing on-going relationships with one or more in-market business partners
- be able to make the required cash contribution
- be exporting or seeking to export products or services positioned for premium markets in Asia.
Applications for Round 3 close 5 October 2018.