More than $50,000 is available to encourage Western Australia communities to participate in healthy activities.
The Health Promotion Sponsorship Program is a key strategy to achieve Healthway’s vision of a healthy Western Australia. By working with organisations in arts, community events and sports Healthway has an opportunity to change behaviour and environments, to improve health.
The objectives of the Health Promotion Sponsorship Program are:
- To encourage healthy lifestyles through the effective promotion of health messages relating to Healthway priority areas.
- To reduce, where ever possible, the promotion of unhealthy messages or brands which undermine Healthway objectives.
- To facilitate structural and policy change within organisations and venues to create healthy environments.
- To increase opportunities for priority populations to participate in healthy activities.
There are three Healthway sponsorship categories:
- Under $5,000
- $5,000 – $50,000
- Over $50,000
The Health Promotion Sponsorship Program is focused on two industry areas:
1. Arts and Community Events – Sponsorship support for arts and cultural activities such as festivals, theatre/dance productions, concerts, exhibitions and workshops, where there is a significant opportunity to change behaviours and environments to improve health.
Sponsorship support for community events such as agricultural shows, street festivals and cultural events that do not have a substantial arts focus, where there is a significant opportunity to change behaviours and environments to improve health. Community Events do not include swap meets, flea markets, seminars or similar activities.
2. Sports – Sponsorship support for programs and events within the sport, motor racing and active recreation areas, where there is a significant opportunity to change behaviours and environments to improve health.
Incorporated organisations including not-for-profit, companies and statutory bodies are eligible for Healthway sponsorship. If the organisation does not have an ABN, attach an ATO ‘Statement by Supplier Form’.
Organisations must meet the following requirements, as a condition of Healthway sponsorship:
- Sponsorship Level – Organisations should offer Exclusive Naming Rights, Exclusive Principal Partner, Exclusive Presenting Rights or Major Partner, in return for Healthway sponsorship. Marketing, advertising and promotional benefits that outline significant opportunities to promote a health message must be clearly defined.
- Minimum Health Policy Requirements – Organisations will be contractually required to comply with Healthway’s Minimum Policy Requirements. See Section 5 for details.
- Co-Sponsorship Policy – Organisations will be contractually required to comply with Healthway’s co-sponsorship conditions.