Up to $440,000 is available from Homes for Homes Funding to increase the supply of social and affordable housing in Victoria and the ACT.
Homes for Homes Funding
Homes for Homes is a funding source that is designed to increase the supply of social and affordable housing in Australia. Homes for Homes takes an open and flexible approach to the type of housing projects it will fund and invites suitable applicants to present proposals that will best address housing issues in their area, based on their knowledge and experience.
Since inception in 2015, Homes for Homes has successfully raised funds via voluntary tax-deductible donations on property transactions in both the Australian Capital Territory and Victoria.
The following funding is available in the June 2019 funding round:
- Up to $140,000 in Victoria; and
- Up to $300,000 in the ACT
Broadly Homes for Homes is looking for projects that meet the following objectives:
- Increase access to social and affordable housing across Australia – housing that is safe, suitable, fit for purpose, adaptable, socially, economically and environmentally sustainable, and well located to services and facilities.
- Promote flexibility in housing design to meet local needs and priorities, complement existing market efforts and address social and affordable housing needs across the housing continuum.
- Facilitate strategies that alleviate homelessness and help transition households into employment and financial independence.
- Provide opportunity for people to improve their life circumstances and contribute to their community.
- Foster an active and competitive market for a wide range of social and affordable housing opportunities and projects.
Homes for Homes would like to encourage all potential applicants to take advantage of this unique funding opportunity. Organisations can submit more than one application.
Based on funds raised to date, Homes for Homes is now inviting Expressions of Interest (EOI) from housing providers who can contribute to the delivery of social and affordable housing in the Australian Capital Territory and Victoria. Interested organisations are encouraged to read the background document and the funding guidelines document prior to completing their funding submission.
Applications close 5 July 2019.