What is the Hume Business Grants – Small to Medium Business Quick Response Support?
The Hume Business Grants – Small to Medium Business Quick Response Support is a grant program that will provide immediate financial assistance to eligible small to medium businesses affected by COVID-19.
The grants will be provided to businesses who show financial hardship and can demonstrate how the grant will assist them to retain current employees or support business sustainability.
Grants for eligible businesses will include:
- Up to $5,000 for businesses with up to 5 employees
- Up to $10,000 for businesses with 6 to 10 employees
- Up to $20,000 for businesses with 11 to 20 employees
Costs associated with:
- Business fittings, including retail, wholesale and hospitality shop fittings, pop ups
- Digital strategy development, including IT and software
- Online and e-commerce platforms, including:
- website design and development (web pages, mobile apps, audio and visual media);
- mentoring and training in online e-commerce activities
- Digital marketing and promotion
- Online learning and webinars
- Staff participation online training courses, seminars, workshops where appropriate
- Recruitment and training
- Product development
- Supporting current permanent full-time or part-time employee leave entitlements
- Payment of utility bills.
Please note: costs associated with rent, Business loans and bond WILL NOT be considered.
To be eligible for the Hume Business Grants, applications must:
- operate from commercial or industrial zoned premises within Hume City
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have 20 or fewer permanent FTE employees
- demonstrate how the grant will support the business in response to the impact of COVID-19.
- hold all appropriate permit and licences; this will include but not restricted to building and planning permits, liquor licence, health permits,
bankruptcy and any other statutory permits or licences that are required for the business to be legal.
Applications close 17 April 2020.