What is the Impacted Public Events Support Program?
The Impacted Public Events Support Program is an initiative to support organisers and suppliers of Tier 1 and Tier 2 public events under the Public Events Framework (PEF) that are approved or registered to taken place between 11.59pm on 24 June 2021 and 11.59pm on 23 September 2021.
The Impacted Public Events Support Program has been designed to support event organisers and suppliers of larger public events in Victoria.
The program provides grants for organisers and suppliers of Tier 1 and Tier 2 public events under the Public Events Framework that are approved or registered to take place between 11:59pm on 24 June 2021 and 11:59pm on 23 September 2021.
The second round of the Impacted Public Events Support Program supports the events sector, which plays a key role in Victoria’s culture and economy and continues to be severely affected by recent health restrictions.
Organisers of PEF registered Tier 1 and Tier 2 public events were invited to apply for a grant of $25,000.
Nominated suppliers of PEF registered Tier 1 and Tier 2 public events were eligible to apply for a $10,000 grant under this program.
Events held over multiple sessions or days will be considered as a single event.
If the event registrant is the venue operator, and not the event organiser, government will treat the venue operator as a supplier. The venue operator will be requested to nominate the event organiser during the application process.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- have an approved or registered Tier 1 or Tier 2 public event with more than 1000 attendees per event per day under the Public Event Framework (PEF) that was scheduled between 11:59pm on 24 June 2021 and 11:59pm on 23 September 2021
- have incurred, for that event, non-recoverable costs that exceed the grant value and are the direct result of the May-June and July lockdowns and subsequent restrictions
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held the same ABN at 24 June 2021
- be trading solvently at the time of application
- operate a business or have employees in Victoria
- have been registered for goods and services tax (GST) on 24 June 2021
- be registered with the responsible Australian or Victorian regulator.
For employing businesses only, you must:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria, if required to do so
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or, if a worker can work from home, to allow them
- to work from home during the lockdown, and, where possible, supporting your casual workers.
To be eligible for a grant of up to $10,000, suppliers to businesses must:
- meet the eligibility criteria outlined above, excluding having an approved or registered Tier 1 or Tier 2 public event with more than 1000 attendees under the Victorian Public Event Framework (PEF) that was scheduled between 11:59pm on 24 June 2021 and 11:59pm on 23 September 2021
- not have been reimbursed for associated costs already
- derive 50 per cent or more of their revenue from supplying events.
Note: a supplier may still be eligible for a grant through this program even if the event organiser is ineligible.
Applications close 26 October 2021.