[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_color=”” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” padding_right=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
Up to $20,000 is available from Incubator Event Fund to support organisers of events with their first and second years of activity.
Incubator Event Fund
The Incubator Event Fund offers seed funding to events in Regional NSW to support their first and second years of activity. The fund supports innovative events that demonstrate sound organisational planning, have a unique alignment with the character and culture of the local region and which can demonstrate a broad appeal likely to promote tourism and attract overnight visitation.
The Incubator Event Fund offers one-off annual grants of up to $20,000 (excl. GST):
An event may apply for any amount up to and including $20,000 but must be able to provide justification for the amount requested within the context of their budget and event plan.
The Incubator Event Fund offers seed funding for activities that are likely to establish the event as a driver of visitation. Activities for which funding will be offered include, but are not limited to:
- venue hire and other costs specific to the event
- temporary event infrastructure (marquees, stages etc.) that is likely to improve the visitor experience
- marketing and promotions
- marketing, PR and digital specialist or consultancy fees subject to Destination NSW approval of a brief
- brand design and development
- attendee research.
To be eligible to receive funding through the Incubator Event Fund, an event must have its first or second event in the year of funding. For the avoidance of doubt, an Incubator Event Fund grant will only be offered to an event being held for the first or second time.
Potential applicants should note that:
- Destination NSW reserves the right to award an amount less than that applied for if the Assessors deem the amount requested is not justified by the information supplied in the application.
To be considered for funding from the Incubator Event Fund, an event must demonstrate that they sufficiently meet the following fund criteria:
- Have a sound basis for the event concept that aligns with the character and culture of their local area.
- Demonstrate a strong appeal to audiences beyond its local area.
- Have a clear event plan detailing the event structure, operational processes and risk management.
- Have a well-structured and organised event management committee or company with appropriate skills to deliver and market the event.
- Complement the event landscape for the area
- Demonstrate sufficient accommodation capacity to attract overnight visitation
- Have clear strategies for raising the awareness of the event outside its local area
- Have strategies for measuring visitation and the visitor experience
- Demonstrate sound financial management in budget planning
- Have the strong support of the local Council
- Take place outside the peak tourism period for the area i.e.: during the off-peak or shoulder seasons.
Applications close 4 November 2018 for events held between January and June 2019.
Applications will open in March 2019 for events held between July and December 2019.