Up to $10,000 is available from Individuals Fund to help artists and cultural workers to develop their skills and practice.
The Individuals Fund is for practicing artists and cultural workers (emerging and established) to participate in transformational professional and career development opportunities.
For Queenslanders to have access to vibrant and innovative arts and cultural experiences, the artists and cultural workers who create and present these experiences need opportunities to develop their skills and practice, to reach their full potential and explore new directions, audiences and markets within Queensland, nationally and internationally.
Arts Queensland is committed to realising the ambitions of the Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Economic Participation Framework, the Queensland Cultural Diversity Policy, the Queensland Youth Strategy and The National Arts and Disability Strategy. Applications which include the following target groups as creators, participants or audiences will strengthen the implementation of Queensland Government commitments:
- older people (over 55 years old)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, including Australian South Sea Islanders
- young people
- people with a disability*.
Applicants are encouraged to explore how they might direct their activities to these specific target groups as well as to regional Queenslanders where appropriate.
Strategy (VACS) (a partnership with the Australia Council for the Arts) and Queensland Government’s Backing Indigenous Arts (BIA). If eligible, successful applicants to the Individuals Fund may be funded through either the VACS or BIA initiatives.
The Individuals Fund objectives are to:
- Propel careers to the next level of professionalism
- Reward and recognise outstanding individual artists and cultural workers
- Fast track development of talent and leadership
- Develop new markets and new audiences for new work
- Offer significant and inspirational opportunities for professional development and to expand industry networks.
The Individuals Fund offers up to $10,000 per application.
All applicants must:
- apply as an individual
- be based in Queensland
- have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland funding
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- have an active Australian business number (ABN)
- be over 18 years of age or have their application co-signed by their legal guardian confirming they will take responsibility for managing any grant offered.
Applications close 16 August 2019.