Up to $200,000 is available from the Industrial Hemp Grant Scheme to support projects that can deliver industry-wide benefits.
Industrial Hemp Grant Scheme
The Industrial Hemp Grant Scheme provides funding for projects that support growth and competitiveness required for long-term profitability, sustainability and economic growth of the Western Australian industrial hemp industry.
The Industrial Hemp Grant Scheme is a component of the Agribusiness Innovation Fund which is focused on generating the improvements in agricultural productivity and competitiveness required for long-term profitability, sustainability and economic growth in Western Australia.
The Industrial Hemp Grant Scheme must be used to build the industrial hemp industry in Western Australia.
The grants scheme will target projects that support an industrial hemp industry capable of driving growth and competitiveness at enterprise, value chain level or for the whole of industry.
The Industrial Hemp Grant Scheme will invest up to $200 000, with individual grants of between $20 000 and $100 000 available for projects that can deliver industry-wide benefits to the industrial hemp industry in Western Australian.
Successful grant holders will be required to make a cash contribution to the project that matches the full amount of the IHGS grant on a dollar for dollar basis. Applications that show an industry wide benefit will be preferred.
Grant funding may be used for items / activities including, but not limited to:
- assisting the industry to develop better connected systems which promote information sharing
- undertaking research in plant varieties that are suitable for WA
- developing a better understanding of processing opportunities for industrial hemp
- developing markets for industrial hemp products
- purchasing capital equipment, major infrastructure and specialist equipment.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a WA based legal entity
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be capable of entering into an agreement with the WA Government
- be involved in the industrial hemp industry.
Successful applicants must comply with the legal requirements of the Industrial Hemp Act 2004 and those involved in the cultivation, processing and harvesting of industrial hemp must have a valid licence.
Applications close 30 November 2018.