What is the Industry and Business Groups LEAP Grants?
The Green Industries South Australia’s Industry and Business Groups LEAP (Lead-Educate-Assist-Promote) Grants provide coordinated business groups and industry sectors with funding to undertake projects that lead, educate assist and promote LEAP sustainable business practices.
The Green Industries South Australia’s Industry and Business Groups (LEAP) Grants aims to support business and industry sectors take a leap towards building a circular economy.
The grant will provide funding of up to $50,000 per applicant.
Projects delivered in partnership with a suitably qualified, independent service provider that allows the applicant to Lead-Educate-Assist-Promote sustainable business practice to constituents, helping them to take a “leap” in transitioning to a circular economy. Projects must address one or more of the following:
- improved waste management, prioritising action in accordance with waste hierarchy principles of waste avoidance, reduction, reuse, and recycling
- waste avoidance initiatives, including (but not limited to) product redesign, service reconfiguration, industrial symbiosis
- resource efficiency (energy, water, materials)
- lean production principles and practices
- sustainable supply chain management and product stewardship initiatives
Projects will not be eligible if it:
- is a part of an established program of delivery that is currently running, or has been run in recent years
- offers the same, or similar services that already exist and are available to the target audience
- allows the applicant to make a profit, and projects that benefit a single organisation
- present generic advice, targets an undefined group of businesses, and/or targets a community (non-business-related) group
Peak industry bodies or associations, and coordinated business groups that represent the interests of South Australian businesses within a specific industry sector or defined geographical area. Applicant organisations must have:
- management structure
- membership portfolio
- terms of reference (or equivalent)
Applications open on an ongoing basis.