Up to $50,000 is available to assist the training and leadership development of talented individuals.
The Industry Leaders Fund Inc (ILF) will, from time to time, be calling for applications for funding from people with demonstrated leadership potential and aspirations. Initially calls will be publicised in the Advertiser and by word of mouth. The funding will pay for the applicant to study or obtain experience that will pave the way for them to achieve their leadership capacity and ambition more quickly and more effectively than would otherwise be the case.
The Industry Leaders Fund recognises that leadership potential is not restricted to those who have a university or other qualification and applications are encouraged from anyone who believes they have leadership potential and who has demonstrated that potential in their lives to date.
The Industry Leaders Fund Inc (ILF) objective is to support what is define as wealth creating industry. That is industry that is generating employment and activity that might not otherwise be located in South Australia. It seeks to encourage a head office mentality in South Australia, so a greater proportion of the important business decisions that impact local employment and wealth generation are made in South Australia.
Grants of up to $50,000 are available to fund one year of study at a time. Applicants are welcome to apply for funding support for subsequent years, but there can be no guarantee that the ILF will be able to support them at that time.
The program does not provide 100% funding and applicants or their employers must provide the balance. The amount of top up funds required may vary and applicants should contact the ILF to discuss the factors taken into account in assessing how much might be required.
Eligible costs include:
- Payment of applicant’s studies or opportunity to obtain experience that will pave the way for them to achieve their leadership capacity and ambition more quickly and more effectively than would otherwise be the case.
- Fund training or experience that might otherwise not be accessible to the applicant
The Industry Leaders Fund Inc (ILF) does not restrict the type of training or experience opportunity for which funding might be sought or the location in which it will be undertaken.
Eligible applicants include individuals who:
- Are Australian citizens and those who are residents of South Australia.
- Can demonstrate:
- Leadership potential, interest and abilities through a history of roles at work and/or in the broader community.
- Interest in sharing the benefit of their talents, knowledge and achievements with the industry in which they work and the community in which they live.
- Work in the wealth creating industry, including but not limited to:
- Food processors
- Wine makers
- Defence equipment suppliers
- Medical technology
- Export oriented web designers
- IT software development houses
Application closes 31 May 2016.