Up to $50,000 is available for capital costs for a trial demonstrating e-commerce techniques in WA.
The Innovation Capability Development Program Round 2 – WA Business Online is designed to improve the rate of participation by WA industry in e-commerce and online economic activity. The ICDP is part of the Industry Facilitation Scheme approved by the Minister responsible for the Industry and Technology Development Act 1998 (the Act). The ICDP Round 2 – WA Business Online has the specific objective of improving the rate of participation by WA industries in e-commerce and online economic activity. The State Government will provide financial support through the ICDP to industry associations and/or not-for-profit industry organisations to promote participation in the digital economy to their members.
The Innovation Capability Development Program is designed to support programs that build innovation-related support service for WA industries and support WA industries in developing innovative products/services.
The objectives of the Innovation Capability Development Program are to develop innovation-related support services for WA industries and enhance the skills and knowledge of businesses commercializing products and services in WA.
The level of funding support available under the Innovation Capability Development Program is up to a maximum of $50,000 per successful application over one year. Innovation Capability Development Program funding will be allocated on a competitive basis to those applicants clearly demonstrating that they meet the evaluation criteria.
Items requested for Innovation Capability Development Program funding must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- capital costs for a pilot/trial demonstrating e-commerce techniques or methodology; and/or
- costs to engage skilled industry experts in planing pilot/trials.
In order to be considered eligible for the Innovation Capability Development Program, and to be included in the evaluation process, an application must be received by the closing date and meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be based in Western Australia;
- The applicant must be legally constituted as a/an industry association; or not-for-profit industry organisation
- The applicant must have evidence of a committed net cash and/or in-kind co-investment of matched funds at a rate of at least 1:1 of applicant to State Government funding. Cash and in-kind support demonstrates commitment and enhanced viability of the proposed project. All co-investment items proposed may be subjected to an independent audit; and
- The applicant must not have received, nor is likely to receive other Department of Commerce funding for the same project/initiative.
Applications for the Innovation Capability Development Program Round 2 – WA Business Online close at 3:00pm on Thursday 20 September 2012.
Writing a good quality grant application is a critical element in the application process. An application needs to be well thought through, written concisely, have clear objectives and purpose, and show clear links to the objectives of the grant guidelines.
The grant application must answer all questions, provide all required information and respond to the merit criteria. It should also reflect your organisation’s business strategy.
Writing a good application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation.
Call us on (03) 9005 6789 or email to discuss further.
We have significant experience in applying for grants. Typical areas where we can be of assistance include:
- Demonstrating the identified need;
- Highlighting the relevance to current government policies and priorities;
- Complete the Innovation Capability Development Program Plan and Budget Projections;
- Identify Outcomes that are measurable;
- Detail the applicant organisation’s experience or expertise in undertaking the Innovation Capability Development Program;
- Calculating the value for money; and
- Demonstrating capacity to deliver quality outcomes
Innovation Capability Development Program – Information
Innovation Capability Development Program Round 2 application form (PDF)