Up to $3,000 is available for producers and games developers to attend international markets and promote Victorian talent globally.
International Travel – Business
Film Victoria International Travel – Business supports Victorian producers and games developers to attend international markets or undertake targeted international business travel.
Business travel grant aims to:
- Encourages partnerships, coproduction and business opportunities; and
- Promotes Victorian business and talent to new and existing markets and audiences.
Grants of up to $3,000 are available.
Funding is limited to one business travel grant per applicant every two financial years, excluding one-off special opportunities that Film Victoria may provide. Successful applicants must cover the cost of travel up front and will be reimbursed by Film Victoria on the provision of relevant receipts and an acquittal report at the conclusion of travel.
Funding is available to individual producers or a representative of a production company to undertake:
- Travel from Victoria directly to an approved international market
- Targeted business travel from Victoria to an international destination(s)
- A combination of market and targeted business travel.
Funding may be expended on airfares, ground transport, accommodation, market registration and travel insurance.
- Be either a Victorian company or an individual Victorian resident
- Own or control the rights to the projects taken to the market or have the permission of the rights holder to represent the project at the market or business meetings
- Be able to demonstrate significant local or international interest in at least one of the projects taken to the market or business meetings.
Company applicants must nominate an individual to represent the project on their behalf
Individual applicants and the nominated traveller must:
- Be a Victorian producer or game developer
- Have produced a theatrically released fiction or documentary feature, or a broadcast hour of television or a commercially released game within the last five years
- Have previously attended an international market or domestic market or conference such as 37°South, AIDC or SPA conferences (or a relevant games industry equivalent).
On a case by case basis, Film Victoria may accept Executive Producer or Associate Producer credits where the applicant and/or traveller can demonstrate that their credited role was significant in developing and financing the production.
If applicants can demonstrate significant international or domestic market interest in a project but don’t meet the credit or experience requirements, they are encouraged to contact the Industry Programs Coordinator to discuss.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.