What is the Investor Readiness Capacity Building Program?
The Investor Readiness Capacity Building Program is an initiative that provides industry groups, business associations and not-for-profit organisations with funding to help them host business events, conferences and training workshops during 2021 and 2022.
The Investor Readiness Capacity Building program builds on the Investor Readiness webinars and masterclasses that were successfully delivered with BDO Australia in 2020.
The program aims to support local industry groups, agribusiness associations and not for profit groups host business events that attract small to medium businesses to participate in a range of investor readiness programs. It adds value to existing events and will help ease financial pressures for organisations in hosting local business events.
Funding will support the sustainability of agriculture, food and beverage business events in metro and regional Western Australia with up to 50% of event costs.
The focus of the program is to bulld Western Australian agri-business capability in seeking and securing investment, bolster business resilience, enhance business operations and provide a range of resources and investor matching opportunities and events that bring together businesses and investors.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Support Western Australian agribusiness and other small to medium businesses become more internationally competitive and investor ready.
- Provide a range of investor ready skill development courses (onsite and virtual).
- Support businesses to better understand raising capital, pitching to investors, understanding target markets and investment planning strategies.
- Partner with local organisations and service providers to provide expert speakers and presenters that deliver short course investor readiness training at existing or planned bespoke industry business events.
- Provide digital and print resources to support delivery of the Investor Readiness programme; and
- Provide a suite of promotional tools (digital and print) to assist organisations promote events.
Business event sponsorship to a maximum of $20,000 per organisation, matched with a minimum dollar for dollar, $1:$1 investment by the organisation.
To be eligible, you must be one of the following WA entities:
- not-for-profit organisation
- industry association with members
- agribusiness association or related industry association.
Eligible events will:
- be held from 1 June 2021 to 30 June 2022
- include approved investor readiness topics
- include onsite presentations, workshops, conferences or networking activities
- be matched by the host organisation providing a minimum of 50% in total eligible event expenditure, and
- assist local businesses to do one or more of the following:
- develop organisation financial literacy
- develop marketplace competitiveness (particularly to the international market)
- increase investment and operational capability
- increase engagement with investors, local service providers and experts
- improve resilience for the WA economy, and
- support WA’s regional economy.
Applications will remain open until all funding has been allocated for events held from 1 June 2021 to 30 June 2022.