Up to $40,000 is available from Knowledge Exchange Sponsorships to support projects that showcase local expertise and encourage dialogue on local and global issues.
Knowledge Exchange Sponsorships
The Knowledge Exchange Sponsorships program is designed to encourage the exchange of ideas and knowledge, support the showcasing of local expertise and encourage dialogue on local and global issues.
Sponsorship includes support for events that promote the sustainable development of cities; programs that mentor new business entrants; networking events that bring people together to learn from each other; tools or guides to communicate knowledge and best practice within social, cultural, green and business industry sectors; and programs that build skills and expertise in not-for-profits, social enterprises, owners corporations or business operators.
Programs supported will align with the social sustainability policy, environmental strategy and action plan, cultural policy and action plan, economic development strategy, and Open Sydney strategy and action plan.
The knowledge exchange sponsorship program provides support generally for amounts from $5,000 to $40,000 and support for value-in-kind venue hire and banner pole hire.
Funded organisations may be required to provide sponsorship benefits to the City of Sydney community in return for funding. These benefits are negotiated case by case and can be up to the value of the funding provided.
Initiatives and projects can contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
- adoption and implementation of best-practice approaches by organisations and individuals
- strong networks where participants share resources and acquire new knowledge and skills
- improved capacity in organisations and individuals to develop and maintain sustainable business ventures
- increased recognition of Sydney as an innovative and creative city
- improved capacity in organisations and individuals to develop socially just and resilient communities.
Types of activity supported:
- Business events that promote the sustainable development of cities and that align with City of Sydney strategic priorities
- Sharing knowledge initiatives such as best practice guides, on-line tools and other resources that are designed to equip not-for-profits, social enterprises or business owners and new entrants with skills and expertise to deal with contemporary issues facing their sector. Projects should meet a demonstrated need in the sector and be able to provide measurable outcomes
- Capacity building activities that help not-for-profits, social enterprises or business owners gain more knowledge, gain market insights and enhance their skills to develop their organisations or business ideas. Initiatives should offer demonstrable outcomes in education, skills development for individuals or organisations, networking opportunities, or collaboration or mentoring programs for priority sectors.
To be eligible for funding an applicant must operate within the City of Sydney local government area or be able to demonstrate benefits for the area’s residents, workers and/or visitors.
The applicant must be a not-for-profit or for-profit organisation.
Applications open all year or until funds are exhausted.