Up to $20,000 is available from the LCF Regional Aboriginal Business Round to help Aboriginal businesses secure procurement opportunities in the public and private sector.
LCF Regional Aboriginal Business Round
The Local Capability Fund (LCF) – Regional Aboriginal Business round is a State Government initiative to help competitive regionally-based Aboriginal businesses to better prepare to participate as suppliers of products, services and works to State, Federal or Local Government agencies and the private sector.
The Aboriginal Business – Local Capability Fund (LCF) round focusses on providing assistance to regionally based Aboriginal businesses who are seeking to better prepare to participate as suppliers of products, services and works to public and private sector markets. The objective of this targeted round is to increase Aboriginal business opportunity to participate competitively in public and private sector market opportunities. Specific assistance could include:
- Improving the applicant’s capability and capacity to enter into, or enhance supply to, these markets.
- Meeting market requirements for prequalification, contractual or technical compliance.
- Overcoming market barriers and constraints.
- Improving innovation and research.
- Improving overall business competitiveness.
The level of funding support under this specific round of the LCF is 75% of eligible costs up to a maximum of $20,000 (excluding GST) per successful applicant.
This round of LCF will provide eligible Aboriginal businesses with funding to assist them to secure procurement opportunities in the public and private sectors. Funding will be provided for the following eligible activities:
- Expert consultant services
- Purchase and upgrade of equipment
- Improvements to internal business infrastructure and systems
- Training and qualifications
To be eligible your business must:
- have an ABN or ACN
- be an Aboriginal business registered with either the Aboriginal Business Directory Western Australia or Supply Nation’s Indigenous Business Direct or is eligible to be registered
- have operating facilities based in regional Western Australia
- be solvent
- have been operating for at least 12 months
- employ less than 200 people
- have a turnover between $50,000 and $100 million.
Applications close 31 December 2018.