Up to $2,000 is available for the purchase and implementation a range of water efficient products and appliances.
The Victorian Government’s new Living Victoria Water Rebate Program rewards Victorians for their efforts to be water efficient around the home, garden and small business by providing rebates on a range of water efficient products and appliances.
The rebate program aims to assist businesses in maximising their water savings by installing the best eligible products to replace inefficient ones and in the quantity needed.
An eligible small business can claim a rebate up to the total amount of $2000 through one or multiple claims. All Victorian households can access home and garden rebates under the Living Victoria Water Rebate Program, even if they are self-supplied and not connected to a reticulated water supply.
Current rebates are available for products purchased and installed between 1 July 2012 and 30 June 2015.
The rebates include:
- Rainwater tank rebates have been increased to:
- $850 (2,000–3,999 litres connected to toilet and/or laundry)
- $1,300 (4,000 litres or greater connected to toilet or laundry)
- $1,500 (4,000 litres or greater and connected to toilet and laundry)
- Tank to toilet and/or laundry connections are now $500.
- Tank rebates are now extended to existing homes that received building permits between 1 July 2005 and 1 May 2011.
- Washing machine rebates for 5-star water (WELS) and at least a 4-star energy rated models will continue.
- Small businesses can now have up to 50 employees to be eligible for the small business rebate.
- Small businesses can now make multiple claims to receive their maximum $2,000 rebate.
A small business connected to a reticulated water supply as a non-residential/commercial customer with 50 or fewer employees can receive rebates to improve the water efficiency of their business.
A small business is eligible to receive rebates of up to a total value of $2,000 (per business) for the purchase and implementation of a range of products, appliances and services as set out in an approved schedule.