Up to $4M over 4 years is available from Local Sport Defibrillator Program to assist sporting clubs in the purchase and maintenance of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
Local Sport Defibrillator Program
The Local Sport Defibrillator Grant Program provides NSW sports clubs and councils the opportunity to acquire an AED package for their club or sports facility at a reduced cost.
An AED is a life saving device which delivers a controlled shock to an individual experiencing cardiac arrest, increasing their chances of survival.
Sporting organisations and councils will be able to choose from a panel of approved AED Panel Service Providers and a variety of AED packaged services with the level of customer service that meets their needs.
An AED package will include:
- An AED
- AED familiarisation instruction (within 28 days of delivery)
- A minimum of six years of essential AED maintenance
Grants are available up to 50 per cent of the AED package in Zones 1 and 2 and up to 75 per cent in Zone 3.
Applicants can request more than one AED.
|Zone||Maximum Grant Amount|
Applicants will need to contribute to the purchase price and accept any further operating expenses from their own budget.
Grants are available up to 50% of the selected AED package price in Zones 1 and 2 and up to 75% in Zone 3, capped at the levels stated below.
Funding should be expended within six months of the date of signing the funding agreement.
Eligible applicants include:
- Incorporated, not-for-profit sports clubs in NSW
- State or national sporting organisations on behalf of member clubs located in NSW, to a maximum of 10 per Zone
- Licensed sporting clubs, providing that the project directly benefits sporting activities
- Sport clubs associated with a school, church or university providing they are an incorporated not for profit club in their own right
- Councils on behalf of sports clubs
- Councils in Zones 2 and 3, for sport and recreational facilities within their local government areas
- Service clubs such as Rotary, CWA and Lions, on behalf of sporting clubs
Applications close 14 September 2018.