What is the Manufacturing and Primary Producer Development and Expansion Fund?
The WynLocal Manufacturing and Primary Producer Development and Expansion Fund is a grant opportunity to drive local industry sustainability and growth.
The “WynLocal Economic Support Package” was endorsed by Council at a Special Meeting on 23 March 2020 with a major initiative of the package being a grants program available to eligible Wyndham businesses.
The flow on impact of COVID-19 is presenting major challenges to all business across the country with the Federal and State Governments’ Economic Stimulus/Survival Packages designed to inject money into the economy and provide financial support to businesses and employees with the objective of minimising business closures and job losses.
Wyndham City Council has implemented a number of strategies to further support these multi-billion dollar initiatives including its “Buy Local Campaign”, the delivery of business training and information workshops through webinars and other online platforms, the establishment of a Business Support Line, provision of information specific to individual business needs and challenges and a $2 million competitive grant program called the WynLocal Business and Recovery Fund.
Aligning with both federal and state government initiatives to build local manufacturing and primary production capability and expand existing export markets, the WynLocal Manufacturing and Primary Production Development & Expansion Fund adds to these initiatives.
The Fund provides a total funding pool of $200,000 and will be initiated through the implementation of a competitive application process.
The Manufacturing and Primary Producer Development and Expansion Fund provides for the following levels of funding:
- Manufacturing and primary production businesses which reported a turnover of at least $500,000 up to $1 million for the financial year 2018/19: maximum of $10,000
- Manufacturing and primary production businesses which reported a turnover of at least $1 million up to $3 million for the financial year 2018/19: maximum of $20,000
- Manufacturing and primary production businesses which reported a turnover of more than $ 3million for the financial year 2018/19: maximum of $30,000
Applicants may apply for only one of two available funding streams.
- Projects with a focus on product research and development and/or product diversification and expansion
- Projects with a focus on export market diversification and growth
Council will consider funding projects which aim to:
- Drive local industry sustainability and growth
- Build existing capabilities and capacity of existing manufacturers and primary producers
- Enable research and development which explores product and market diversity
- Develop new opportunities or leverage existing opportunities such as the Victorian State Government’s Export Recovery Package to build export market diversity and growth
- Enhance the city’s reputation as a future new economy manufacturing centre and centre of agribusiness excellence
Funding will not be provided for:
- Land purchases or leasing of property
- Purchase of consumables
- Office, shop or warehouse furniture
- Building maintenance
- Costs of starting a new business
- Costs of goods or services already ordered or purchased
- Professional development of staff
- Machinery including computers and computer systems
Applications close 22 February 2021.