Call 1300 658 508
For Grant Assistance
What is the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund?
The Manufacturing Modernisation Fund is a grant that provides up to $1 million to manufacturers to purchase new technologies to be more productive and create more jobs.
Bulletpoint Track Record
Bulletpoint has assisted numerous companies secure manufacturing grants.
Bulletpoint helped Greenbear secure a grant of $500,000. Based in Tottenham, Victoria, Greenbear is a processor of waste and recycled materials. They received funding to build a fully-automated waste sorting line for residential Construction and Demolition (C&D) waste more feasibly and efficiently than current disposal methods.
Bulletpoint assisted Harry & Larry’s secure a grant of $1,200,000. Based in Brunswick, Harry & Larry’s manufacture a range of specialty ice creams. The grant will see 30 new jobs created and investment in a factory expansion with custom engineered production lines, including the latest freezing technology, to make a range of gourmet ice creams and desserts in complex shapes and layers.
Bulletpoint assisted Cottage Cheese Farm secure a grant of $765,000. Based in Glenroy, Victoria, Cottage Cheese Farm is a speciality cheese manufacturer making mainly Haloumi, Ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses. They received funding to assist with construction of a $6M purpose built cheese and yoghurt manufacturing facility. The project will allow them to expand current operations and introduction of new product lines.
Bulletpoint assisted Abey Australia secure a grant of $250,000. Based in Gisborne, Victoria, Abey is a manufacturer of plumbing and building products. They received a grant of $250,000 to buy five high-speed of five robots and 3 conveyors.
Bulletpoint assisted Osteon Medical secure a grant of $74,000. Based in Mulgrave, Victoria, Osteon Medical manufacture a range of dental and facial implant prosthetic products. They received a grant to purchase a 5 axis simultaneous CNC milling machine.
Bulletpoint assisted Keech secure a grant of $141,700. Based in Bendigo, Victoria, Keech is a manufacturer of high integrity steel castings. They received a grant to based in Bendigo. Keech received a grant to purchase a 3D digital printer for prototyping and pattern making.
Bulletpoint assisted AMR Hewitts secure a grant of $135,000, Based in Tullamarine, Victoria, AMR Hewitts is a print packaging for the pharmaceutical and food packaging industries. They received a grant to purchase a new forme cutting machine to reduce turnaround times.
Bulletpoint assisted Class Plastics secure a grant of $250,000. Based in Truganina, Victoria, Class Plastics is a manufacturer of industrial and retail plastic liquid containers. They received a grant to purchase a series of accumulated blow moulding machines and feed in conveyors.
Call 1300 658 508
For Grant Assistance
The Manufacturing Modernisation Fund will run over three years from 2019-20 to 2021-22. The program will stimulate business investment in new technologies and processes in the manufacturing sector.
The Manufacturing Modernisation Fund is part the broader Government intent to support the modernisation of the manufacturing sector to incorporate advanced technologies to increase innovation and competitiveness. The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre has published a Sector Competitiveness Plan which outlines the following strategic priorities for the sector:
- Advanced Knowledge: including high R&D investment and STEM skill intensity
- Advanced Processes: including using state-of-the-art technology and managing energy use
- Advanced Business Model: including offering high value niche solutions, servitisation models and export competitiveness.
Manufacturing Modernisation Fund Grant Size
The Manufacturing Modernisation Fund has a total pool of $50 million over 3 years, which will be delivered through two streams of funding:
- Small Grants ($20 million) – to support technology and efficiency improvements with the value of $50,000 to $100,000 (50% funding ratio)
- Large Grants ($30 million) – to support transformative investments in technologies and processes with the value of $100,000 to $1 million (25% funding ratio)
To be eligible for the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund you must:
- Company – be an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation (no trusts)
- Headcount – have less than 200 employees
- Job Creation – clearly identify the level of job creation expected from your project
- Support – provide evidence from of project support from your board of CEO
- Funding – provide evidence that you can meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
To be eligible your Manufacturing Modernisation Fund project must involve capital investment and associated skill-based training to modernise your manufacturing process.
Eligible Manufacturing Modernisation Fund activities may include:
- buying, constructing, installing or commissioning of manufacturing plant, equipment or software
- relevant training and skills development to assist you to integrate the new technology into your business, including upskilling and accreditation in advanced processes
- process design and engineering directly related to your capital investment
- fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to buildings directly related to your capital investment
Writing a good Manufacturing Modernisation Fund application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation.
We know what it takes to secure the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund.
Keep in mind, that we dont represent the Government or act as their agents. We are independent consultants.
Email Ben Cusack now [email protected]
Call 1300 658 508
For Grant Assistance
How to get the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund?
In order to get the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund you will need to demonstrate the following points:
- adopt new or transformative manufacturing technologies
- deliver efficiency improvements
- increase jobs and a more highly skilled workforce in your business
- use design and engineering excellence
- create innovative and efficient business processes, to enhance the competitiveness of your business
- take advantage of a market opportunity in Australia and overseas
- align to AMGC’s strategic priorities
- a track record in managing similar projects
- access to personnel with the right skills and experience, including management and technical staff
- a solid plan to manage the project including scope, implementation methodology, timeframes, delivery risks and budget access
- access to any required infrastructure, capital equipment, technology, intellectual property and regulatory or other approvals.
- will help the project to proceed
- will have positive impact on the size, scale or timing of your project
- co-contribution and additional benefits to the project and business
Manufacturing Modernisation Fund applications close 31 October 2019 .
Manufacturing Modernisation Fund More Information
- Manufacturing Modernisation Fund – Guidelines
- Manufacturing Modernisation Fund – Sample Application Form
Can you beat these Top 20 projects?
You might be eligible for the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund, but can you beat these projects funded under the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund?
- Commercial scale Boron Nitride Nanotube plant
- Automating the production of world-first heavy-duty LED drivers
- Surface Mount Technology (Electronics Fabrication Facility
- Inorganic explosive trace detector
- Driveline and Induction Innovation for Global Vehicle Platforms
- Digital Manufacturing Through Additive Manufacturing
- Grape marc washing for production of export tartrates
- Manufacture Dental Aligners
- National Dental Implant & Prosthetics Manufacturing Hub of Excellence
- Olive nutraceutical ingredient extraction facility
- Nano-Active Materials
- Development of High-Volume Moulding Process for CF wheel manufacture
- Surface Mount Technology Advanced Manufacturing Production Line
- Anterior Insight Manufacturing Ramp
- Developing advanced architectural glass manufacturing capabilities
- Advanced Friction Automation Technology
- Design and build of Australia’s first industrial Carbon Fibre line
- Manufacture of Polymer Microfluidic Devices
- Improving preclinical research outcomes
- Advanced Manufacturing to achieve Human IV fluid supply
Call 1300 658 508
For Grant Assistance
16 September 2020 – $8 million steel processing facility upgrade for Whyalla
An $8 million upgrade to a steel processing centre in Whyalla will create a state-of-the-art facility and further enhance the Spencer Gulf as a manufacturing hub in South Australia – securing up to 160 jobs.
The project will be delivered by Ferretti International with the Marshall Liberal Government providing $2 million from the Regional Growth Fund and the Morrison Federal Government providing $750,000 from its Manufacturing Modernisation Fund.
21 August 2020 – Swan Valley distiller Old Young’s launches new gin of the month club
Swan Valley distiller Old Young’s has launched a gin-of-the-month club described as “like Netflix, but gin”, including a special “F… COVID” range. For $59 a month, members of the Juniper Society will receive a new gin each month.
Established four years ago in the former premises of Wild Swan Distilling Company, Old Young’s was named champion Australian distiller at the 2018 Australian Distilled Spirits Awards.
The distillery received $100,000 in matched funding from the Federal Government’s Manufacturing Modernisation Fund in April for expansion of production facilities, which should be finished by the end of 2021 and increase capacity to around 30,000-40,000 bottles per month.
13 August 2020 – HVIA urges renewed manufacturing modernisation support
Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia (HVIA) is calling on a new round of the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund (MMF) to help kickstart industry’s Covid-19 economic recovery and encourage future innovation. The original $50 million MMF provided co-funded grants to small and medium manufacturing businesses to upgrade manufacturing processes and grow skilled workforces.
HVIA seeks MMF assistance via Federal Minister for Industry, Science and Technology Karen Andrews to “support heavy vehicle manufacturers in retooling, re-engineering and innovation to future-proof local manufacturing and assist Australia’s post pandemic economic recovery”.
Large Scale Projects Recipients
|Applicant Organisation||Grant Amount Supported||Total Investment||Project Description||Suburb||State|
|4 Pines Brewing Company Wholesale Pty Limited||$700,000||$3,421,727||Automated multi-function packaging line with data capture & analytics||Brookvale||NSW|
|Alcolizer Pty Ltd||$181,156||$724,627||Automation of the Druglizer “Test Cartridge” production||Balcatta||WA|
|Allshelter Pty Ltd||$747,213||$2,988,864||Engineered Tensile Fabric Manufacturing plant Stage 2||Lake Cargelligo||NSW|
|Architectural Designer Products Pty Limited||$850,000||$3,561,059||Project 336||Unanderra||NSW|
|ATP Science Pty Ltd||$1,000,000||$4,973,483||Collagen Protein Bar Line||Loganholme||QLD|
|Australian International Foods Pty Ltd||$750,000||$3,800,000||Project Skippy||Scoresby||VIC|
|Australian Plastics Extrusions Pty Ltd||$998,223||$3,992,892||Project Polymer Evolution||Heidelberg West||VIC|
|Ben Furney Flour Mills Pty Ltd||$1,000,000||$7,427,070||Extrusion Plant Capital Upgrade||Dubbo||NSW|
|Beurteaux (Australia) Pty Ltd||$932,500||$3,730,000||Advanced Manufacturing of the Smart Part Seat for Global Markets||Henderson||WA|
|Bracton Industries (N S W) Pty Ltd||$136,978||$547,915||In-Housing Design Processes: Purchasing Robotic Welding Machine & CNC Mill||Brookvale||NSW|
|Brauer Natural Medicine Pty. Ltd.||$1,000,000||$6,357,000||Nutraceutical Manufacturing Line to Meet Export Growth||Tanunda||SA|
|Brent & Warburton (N’Cle) Pty Ltd||$133,000||$532,760||5-Axis Machining Capability||Tomago||NSW|
|Cathrx Ltd||$204,146||$816,587||Acquisition of an Automated Laser Slot Cutter||Rydalmere||NSW|
|Cirrus Ag Pty Ltd||$675,676||$2,702,707||Efficient Granule Manufacturing||Kawana||QLD|
|Class Plastics (Aust) Pty Ltd||$228,305||$913,220||Class Plastics will invest in an Electric Extrusion blow moulding machine||Truganina||VIC|
|Cloyne Holdings Pty Ltd||$280,875||$1,123,500||The modernisation and transformation of Springhill Farm||Delacombe||VIC|
|CNC Components Pty Ltd||$260,000||$1,040,000||Next Level CNC Machining||Geebung||QLD|
|Cop-A-Mate Products Pty Ltd||$497,875||$2,001,500||Modernising Manufacturing through Internalising Manufacturing Processes||Heidelberg West||VIC|
|Country Chef Bakeries Pty Ltd||$562,027||$2,248,111||Project Pillar – Transformative Growth through Technology and Innovation||Kunda Park||QLD|
|Daecon Trusses Pty Ltd||$685,616||$2,742,467||Advanced Automation for Timber Frame and Truss Manufacturing at Derrimut.||Tullamarine||VIC|
|Darkon Pty. Limited||$304,987||$1,219,950||Acquiring plant to increase competitiveness, quality & production capacity||Collingwood||VIC|
|Directed Electronics OE Pty Ltd||$513,475||$2,053,903||Phase Four – Advanced Manufacturing For Automotive||Melbourne Airport||VIC|
|Droneshield Limited||$120,486||$481,944||Build manufacturing test chamber and new cloud-based testing process||Sydney||NSW|
|Ellenex Pty Ltd||$700,000||$3,170,379||Modernisation of manufacturing process for pressure and level sensors||South Melbourne||VIC|
|Epicurean Products Pty Ltd||$294,983||$1,339,933||Industry 4.0: Rapid Development & Flexible Manufacture – Dressings & Sauces||Yandina||QLD|
|Essential Flavours And Ingredients Pty Limited||$247,500||$990,000||Enhancement of Encapsulation Capacity||Carrum Downs||VIC|
|Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses Proprietary Limited||$950,000||$7,356,888||Robotics Led Automation of Bakery Manufacturing – Future Bake Project||Keilor Park||VIC|
|Ferretti International Ottoway Pty Ltd||$750,000||$4,021,000||Install new equipment to create Ferretti Whyalla modularisation hub core||Wingfield||SA|
|Firefeast Pty. Limited||$316,133||$1,404,534||FF 6.0||Windsor||NSW|
|Flavour Makers Pty Ltd||$986,588||$3,946,355||HFFS Dry Sachet Packing Line Capital Investment Project||Braeside||VIC|
|George Lovitt (Manufacturing) Proprietary Limited||$765,750||$3,063,000||Next Generation Machining Technology for Expanded Aerospace Opportunities||Greensborough||VIC|
|Giddyup Enterprises Pty Ltd||$223,944||$895,779||Life Savers for Livestock||Maryborough||QLD|
|Hydraulic Controls Pty Ltd||$272,300||$1,089,214||Transformation of Hydraulic Controls Pty Ltd’s manufacturing technology||Brookvale||NSW|
|Klinger Limited||$514,750||$2,059,000||Modernization of Klinger Metal Gaskets Manufacturing Plant in Perth||Welshpool||WA|
|LAI Industries Pty Ltd||$1,000,000||$5,400,000||Industry 4.0 for Switchboard Manufacturing||Ferryden Park||SA|
|Laserbond Limited||$548,217||$2,192,871||Modernising Manufacturing at LaserBond – Automated Laser Cladding Cell||Smeaton Grange||NSW|
|Light Culture Australia Pty Ltd||$125,000||$501,350||Light Culture Factory Equipment Upgrade||Somersby||NSW|
|Macnaught Pty Ltd||$250,000||$1,583,616||Automated machines for manufacturing MX series Flowmeter Parts||Turrella||NSW|
|Majans Pty. Ltd.||$1,000,000||$5,109,518||Majans’ Industry 4.0 Smart Factory Integration||Sumner||QLD|
|Marpac Pty Ltd||$240,211||$960,847||Project Reclaim & Replace||Knoxfield||VIC|
|Mayfield Industries Pty Ltd||$397,488||$1,589,955||Transformation for Sustainable Growth 2||Edinburgh||SA|
|Merino Country Pty. Ltd.||$330,500||$1,322,000||Sustainable Merino Manufacturing – From Farm to Fashion||Shailer Park||QLD|
|Mickies Bikkies Pty Ltd||$882,806||$3,531,224||Kez’s Kitchen Factory Modernisation, Innovation and Expansion||Noble Park North||VIC|
|Nissan Casting Australia Pty Ltd||$862,537||$3,450,150||Nissan Casting Australia TdC Efficiency upgrade Gen2||Dandenong South||VIC|
|Omniblend Pty Ltd||$800,000||$5,196,209||Advanced manufacturing infrastructure for solid form nutritional foods||Mordialloc||VIC|
|Oxworks Trading Pty Ltd||$305,000||$1,342,000||Transformation to an Advanced Manufacturer||Crestmead||QLD|
|Pakpot Pty Ltd||$800,000||$3,200,000||Expansion of capacity for the production of thin-walled containers.||Wingfield||SA|
|Palla Pharma Limited||$263,371||$1,053,484||A manufacturing system for the efficient recovery of alkaloid from waste.||Coolaroo||VIC|
|Roband Australia Pty Limited||$669,317||$2,677,270||Fibre Optic Laser & Auto Panel Bender – increased capacity & efficiency||Cromer||NSW|
|Robern Menz (Mfg) Pty Ltd||$1,000,000|