32 high growth Victorian SMEs have underken a program to assist with management and business skills
More than 30 high-achieving small and medium-sized businesses from all over Victoria have begun the Victorian Government’s 2012 MasterClass for Growth program. The 32 businesses involved this year have experienced an average sales growth of 30.9 per cent from 2008/09 to 2010/11, and together employed an additional 160 staff during this period.
This is the second year MasterClass for Growth has been conducted. It aims to:
- provide relevant and practical information, delivered by organisational change experts and industry leaders, assisting businesses to implement plans for business growth;
- provide a group forum for smaller businesses to learn from and strategically network with each other;
- provide tailored one-on-one business coaching to help translate theory and expertise into practice;
- foster innovation and competition;
- improve the management skill base of a business; and
- assist businesses to become exporters – vital for accessing new markets beyond the state.
Over eight months, each participant will take part in four MasterClass for Growth group sessions and up to 15 hours of individualised coaching sessions, providing the opportunity for high level interaction with industry experts.
Advanced Vtol Technologies
Alaress Pty Ltd
Alliance Environmental Engineering & Consulting
Australian Fresh Leaf Herbs
Bump, Baby & Beyond
Cave Hill Creek
Dynamic Developments Carpentry And Construction
Elite Executive Services
Green Element Constructions
Money101 Money For Life
Pakenham Produce & Saddlery
Provincial Credit Solutions
Reflex Glass & Joinery
The Field Group Accounting
The Regional Development Company
MasterClass for Growth is a business program for small to medium sized businesses. If your business is poised for expansion, the program will assist you to understand, prepare and implement plans to fast-track growth.
The program consists of four sessions where participants acquire new knowledge and skills to significantly assist in the growth of their companies, whilst avoiding the pitfalls associated with rapid growth.
Session topics include:
Value Proposition and Customers
- Team and Corporate Structure
- Financial Management
- Sustainability, Internet and Social Media
MasterClass sessions are supported through individual and group coaching sessions. Topics covered in the coaching sessions may include marketing, sustainability, social media and financial management.
Who can participate?
The program is open to businesses that:
- Are based in Victoria
- Have been in business for at least two years
- Have an annual turnover of at least $500,000
- Employ between two and 200 people
- Demonstrate a pattern of growth.
Applications close November 4, 2011.
For further information see business.vic.gov.au/masterclass or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 132215.