Up to $22,500 is available to offer a fellowship opportunity for a skilled practitioner to enhance and share their expertise in the use of creative and innovative technologies.
Melbourne Knowledge Fellowship
The Melbourne Knowledge Fellowship aims to enhance local knowledge and skills in the use of creative and innovative technologies by applying learning and best practise from abroad.
The fellowship comprises three distinct phases:
- a learning phase where you gather knowledge by travelling and investigating innovative projects overseas
- a working phase that includes a six-month residency to conduct workshops and develop your project at the Library at The Dock
- a sharing phase to report on the work and get your ideas out there
The City of Melbourne’s Smart City Office and Melbourne Library Service are offering an exciting fellowship opportunity – valued at $22,500.
The fellowship is primarily intended for those who are already experienced and skilled in an area of creative practice. They are not intended for graduates pursuing research or higher degrees. The fellow must be able to demonstrate how their practice enhances living and working in the City of Melbourne. Applications are open to those from a range of fields, including:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business innovation and start-up skills
- Creative industry
- Digital literacy and learning
- Gaming and game development
- Media production
- Small manufacturing and fabrication
- Software development and coding
- Virtual and augmented reality
Eligible applicants include all Australian residents 18 years of age or over who live, work and/or study in greater Melbourne, including:
- Employees from either the private or public sectors or applicants who may be self-employed
- Those holding skills which they seek to enhance and with a willingness to share their enhanced skills with others
- Those with clear written and oral communication skills
Applications close 26 February 2017.